Need some help w Limited 1500 I just bought

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What kind of a dealership sells their customer a $60k truck and then treats them like this? You paid extra for the limited and they tried to stick you with regular mats? That's b.s. I would never give them a penny again.

I've seen it all the time where if something is missing they just snag it from another truck and let the next guy deal with it.

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My guess would be they pulled the mats at the original dealer to keep them clean. A lot of dealers will throw down the disposable paper mats and keep the OEM mats in the back seat. The dealer may have pulled them out and when your dealer grabbed the truck they didn't throw them back in.

If your truck has locking lug nuts check the glove box to see if you have a small white bag, it should contain the security key for the locking nuts and 4 normal lug nuts to replace the locking ones if you wanted.

Make sure you have the owner's manual it will be in a leather sort of portfolio. Beyond those two things I can't think of anything else that MAY be missing. Check to see if you have the tailgate kit, its a sealed baggy. Check all the seat pockets, center console, glove box, anything that opens up check.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Mine also came with 1 key from the dealer. Supposed to have 2. They programmed a second for me when they finished searching for the other one.

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Missing keys can be a B#TCH I wouldn't even walk away from a dealer until both keys were in hand.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Missing keys can be a B#TCH I wouldn't even walk away from a dealer until both keys were in hand.
I didn't pick my truck up. Bought it and insured it sight unseen based on build sheet and after a month of not having time to pick it up I had my brother pick it up and put it in my garage. When I finally saw it I noticed a lot of stuff I would have seen on delivery and it took months to sort it out. I need more free time, but these trucks ain't cheap lol.

OP
OP
Len80

Len80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man you guys are all awesome! Thanks for all the help & suggestions. My Limited literally only came with 2 keys and the manual. Nothing else. Not happy with the dealer at all. At least now I have a list of things to bring with me that they will have to provide. Much appreciated!

VA10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Use this build sheet tool. It will tell what you specific truck should have came with from the factory. It is possible that your truck had some obscure packages and features added/removed based on the build.

Also how long did they prep the truck after it got off the truck?

Build sheet is different from the window sticker. It will tell you details as to the equipment installed in the truck. it should also include what mats came with your truck from the assembly line.

https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html

click equipment listings on the left side of the web page.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'd be surprised if they give you much trouble. My delivery was a mess, but they apologized and didn't complain once about sorting it out. I just had to be patient while they ordered and fixed stuff and they gave me a nice jeep to drive for when they needed the truck.

OP
OP
Len80

Len80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Use this build sheet tool. It will tell what you specific truck should have came with from the factory. It is possible that your truck had some obscure packages and features added/removed based on the build.

Also how long did they prep the truck after it got off the truck?

Build sheet is different from the window sticker. It will tell you details as to the equipment installed in the truck. it should also include what mats came with your truck from the assembly line.

https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html

click equipment listings on the left side of the web page.

Awesome thank you!

OP
OP
Len80

Len80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will love the Limited !!

View attachment 116398

Honestly I thought it would be a smoother ride with the air suspension. I test drove a Laramie w coil springs before I bought the limited and I felt like it was smoother. I read about how it feels like your floating or driving a lincoln w the air suspension but my ride feels kinda tight. I feel imperfections in the road more than I thought I would. When I get between 50-60 mph around 2 rpms I feel vibration. Not sure whats up with that.. I am a little concerned about it. Did you get the brown interior w yours?

Nystagmus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn CC
Engine
My truck is actually a Longhorn....and it does have the brown saddle leather like in this picture.

Not sure what to say about the air suspension. I test drove a Longhorn with air, and I thought it was actually smoother than my conventional suspension.

A8B7E65A-4638-4C19-9904-D5184B78FF56.jpeg

OP
OP
Len80

Len80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck is actually a Longhorn....and it does have the brown saddle leather like in this picture.

Not sure what to say about the air suspension. I test drove a Longhorn with air, and I thought it was actually smoother than my conventional suspension.

View attachment 116409

That interior is what initially drew me to the Ram. It’s what I wanted but they dont have it for the limited, its exclusive to the laramie longhorn and I couldn’t find one w air. Now my dads going to get it with the brown saddle. I cant wait to see it in person. Its rare, at least the couple of dealerships in my area that I’ve been haven’t had it which surprises me that they didn’t order more with that interior. He’s going to have to order it.

Nystagmus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn CC
Engine
Haha....funny thing: I would have preferred the Limited interior !!! Not sure I had ever seen one in person when I started liking the Longhorns.

tempotantrum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly I thought it would be a smoother ride with the air suspension. I test drove a Laramie w coil springs before I bought the limited and I felt like it was smoother. I read about how it feels like your floating or driving a lincoln w the air suspension but my ride feels kinda tight. I feel imperfections in the road more than I thought I would. When I get between 50-60 mph around 2 rpms I feel vibration. Not sure whats up with that.. I am a little concerned about it. Did you get the brown interior w yours?

Wondering if your air suspension has smoothed out any? I also thought that my new limited had too much vibration condsidering it had the air, but I have noticed after 2k it is much better. I have either gotten used to it or just needed some miles to soften. Anyone else have a similar experience?

OP
OP
Len80

Len80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wondering if your air suspension has smoothed out any? I also thought that my new limited had too much vibration condsidering it had the air, but I have noticed after 2k it is much better. I have either gotten used to it or just needed some miles to soften. Anyone else have a similar experience?

I’m at 1500 miles and it hasn’t smoothed out at all. I’m getting a lot of vibrating under the seat, at slow speeds too, and I feel it even in the pedals. I’m going to have the dealerships shop check it out. I even feel something going on under the front end when I’m turning during parking lot speeds. No clue what that is either. Some ppl say its a truck what do you expect, bs, I had a Lincoln Mark LT pick up and it was like driving a towncar. This is supposed to be the smoothest driving truck on the market according to different review sites, so far I’m not too happy with it.

tempotantrum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely get that checked. Incidentally I took mine in to the dealer and they said all four tires were out of balance from the factory. Hard to believe- but that might be some of it.

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck had some vibration at highway speeds for the first week or so, then it went away. I think mine was from the vehicle sitting on the lot for months though.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zwingsterboss