Need some serious help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
I had similar issues with my '85 360, it would stumble and act fuel starved after the engine was warmed up and under load. It ended up being vapor lock. I installed an inline electric fuel pump and that took care of it.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
ya. you always got to unplug the vacuum advance to set the base timing and since the lean burn controls the ignition timing you got to unplug the vacuum line to it to set the base timing.

OP
OP
D150dude

D150dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ya. you always got to unplug the vacuum advance to set the base timing and since the lean burn controls the ignition timing you got to unplug the vacuum line to it to set the base timing.
Other then that there’s still a major problem. If it runs great for 9 months then all this starts to happen there’s still something wrong. I don’t know where to go next

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i would still start by trying to get the base timing set right since it sounds like playing with it made things worse.

OP
OP
D150dude

D150dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where is the vacuum advance located?

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
usually on the computer whether you got the one on the air cleaner or the one behind the battery. it looks very similar to vacuum advance canister like you would see on a vacuum advance distributor.