Need suggestions, Lowering kit good for daily driving???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi_Truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
01DDA0EE-A02D-426C-B40D-FF071862C43E.jpeg What up guys.

I want to drop my 05 single cab Ram 1500 hemi but also to keep it as a daily. I have seen a couple options I would like to know which one have a good ride quality.

thanks in advance

Alex

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a mcgaughys kit an would recommend it, would also recommend getting the kit with the c notch. I have the 2/4 kit with lowering springs up front and rides like stock imo.

Also welcome from another Floridian!

jetmech87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man that thing looks great! I still want a reg cab 3rd Gen. Here's what I learned with my 03. You're going to save yourself a lot of headache if you use drop spindles in the front. It will be easier to align for starters and if you decide you wanted to go lower like a 4/6 then you can just swap the springs and shocks. I would really recommend a C notch at a 4" drop especially if you haul anything in the bed. 6"+ it is required. I say this because mine isn't notched and at 5" drop with less than 10psi in the bags I slap the frame with anything over 100 lbs in the bed. 2/4 or 2/5 is a comfortable drop. 4/6 is going to require a little more effort (rolling the fenders, reduced selection in tire size). If you keep the 20's you don't have to worry about shaving the ball joint studs. I don't care what anybody tells ya, it's never going to ride like it does now. Period. McGaughy's is a solid kit. I'm sure the Belltech would be ok too. I have McGaughys so my experience is with that. Using just coils up front is fine but be prepared to have to adjust or replace the front bumpstops. You'll be cutting the stock ones off and you want to select a bump stop that won't let the front end over travel. The lower mount tabs on the shock will break. Ask me how I know :). You'll need a REAL good alignment tech. You won't have to deal with this if you use the drop spindles. Also, with the flip kits on these 3rd Gens depending on who you go with, you'll have to deal with your pinion angle. You either use shims and do the math or use the Mcgaughys because the perches are built to correct it for you (one side is taller than the other). *IMPORTANT* WELD THE PERCHES!! They can roll over on you and it tears a lot of sh*t up! Not a big deal to just zap it in a few places. I'm sure an exhaust shop guy could do it for you for the price of his lunch give or take if you don't have a MIG. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff. Let me know if you need help.