Need to replace rear bumper... OEM vs Aftermarket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyeRey521

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7l
Hey guys,

As the title states I need to replace my rear bumper after getting rear ended. Driver had no license or insurance and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get anything out of him in court (He's a total deadbeat).

I can easily swap the bumper out myself, but was wondering if anyone had experiences with aftermarket bumpers or if I should just stick with OEM. Looks like I can grab a the cheaper ones for 275-350 where the OEM are all over 500. Any advice?

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you willing to wait. Ill have a chrome bumper for sale ill be willing to let go cheap. Its got a tiny ding in it from when i took a chained up generator for a ride. Still currently fabing the front bumper. Havnt got to the rear yet

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I would go with OEM. I just bought an aftermarket bumper for the shop truck, and it sticks out 1.5" further than stock. Now I have to fab up some new brackets to make it sit correctly against the bed.

OP
OP
R

RyeRey521

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7l
I would go with OEM. I just bought an aftermarket bumper for the shop truck, and it sticks out 1.5" further than stock. Now I have to fab up some new brackets to make it sit correctly against the bed.

Exactly what I was looking for Thanks.

cbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If Ramwagons deal calls thru u will have a Silver bumper off my '12 with dual exhaust for sale very shortly. Im swapping mine out for a roll pan