New 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neurotix82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (345)
20210927_140744.jpg

Hey guys!!

I've driven an 04 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab Laramie with the 5.7 hemi for the last 8 years and have learned the truck inside out. It's been a great truck with no issues other than replacing the rear end with a new one from Jasper. The rest end was put on about 200k miles ago.. and it's currently at 300k miles still running perfectly with no issues.

Because it was such a good truck for me, I decided to go and buy me a 2010 version of the same thing. Quad Cab Laramie with the 5.7 hemi!!

I was about to give up my search when I came across this 2010 at a Ford dealership (of all places). This beautiful, mint condition truck actually has only 53k miles!!

Even the seats are heated and cooled. I'm not as familiar with the newer vehicles.. is this something that's becoming more common? The only other vehicle I've been in with cooled seats was a fancy BMW and a Cadillac.

Anyways.. it still has the brand new truck smell. I ended up paying right at $21k. Sure, that money could've probably gotten a 2011-2017 or even 2018 without the laramie package and all the extras, but I'm one of them old school guys that constantly complain about everything being computerized and nothing being made like they used to.. cuz it's true!

I'll always opt for the older model, especially if I can get something like this garage kept and hardly driven.. no questions asked! I fully expect my 2004 to hit 500k miles and still keep going.

Well.. I just brought this beast home from the lot yesterday and, so far, all I've done is get a muffler shop quote for a 1 in 2 out flowmaster 40 series.. will run about $200.. which I think is fair.

I'm curious as to what kind of fun upgrades others have done with a 2010 like this. I did an aFe code air intake on my 2004, but I ended up having to do extra work to reroute with a catch can for the crankcase vapor. I refuse to let that gunk get recirculated back into my intake.

With that being said, I will most likely leave the factory intake system on this 2010 and just replace the filter media with a Dryflow drop in filter.

Let me know what you've done with yours and feel free to show me pics!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome, good looking rig!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:welcome:

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Good looking truck, I like the color combination, the chrome and white letter tires. Goes good together.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the Forum, That is one great looking Rig, Those were my favorited years.
Are you going to keep the 04, you'll get top dollar for it even with the high mileage.
K&N makes a replacement muffler, check it out I'll give you the link.

Last edited:

sethcolby3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
I know this is super late, but is awesome; congratulations!! I just got my 2010 Ram 1500 in 2020, and I love it. And yours is going to last for many, many more miles. I currently have 185,000 on mine and it’s been smooth sailing. The only two issues I’ve had so far are: 1) the Evaporator Coil in the air conditioner. 2) a catalytic converter starting to rattle from the ceramic breaking apart internally. The Evaporator Coil was not cheap, but all things considered, after so many miles, that’s not that bad. And I used the Catalytic Converter issue as an excuse to replace the previous owner’s catback exhaust with my own custom setup.

I’m not sure if you’ve started building it yet or if you’re still looking for upgrades, but I have found an awesome website for performance upgrades — moes-performance.com — it has every performance upgrade you can do, from Cold Air Intakes and Tuners to upgraded Camshafts and Superchargers to brakes and lowering kits. In the performance department, the exhaust I just put on is a true dual setup with Flowmaster high-flow cats and Carven R-Series mufflers with no resonators. And now that the exhaust is fabricated, I’m going to have my engine shop install Long Tube Headers.

If you’re looking for aftermarket headlights then I think you should check out AlphaRex. They have a pretty big selection of headlight styles.

If you’re looking for wheels & tires and/or either a lift kit or lowering kit, you should definitely check out Custom Offsets. They have the most diverse inventory I’ve ever seen. And their Gallery section is amazing because you can see what different tire/wheel size combos look like. or you can see if the huge -70mm offset you want on your 24x12 wheels will fit with the 35x12.5r24 tires. And it tells you if there are tire-fender rubbing issues or if the owner had to trim a couple inches off the bumper or fender or wheel well liner to get rid of rubbing issues.

That’s everything I can think of of at the moment, but I will come reply and add more for future readers if I think of anything else. (Belated) congratulations again, and I hope you’re enjoying the truck now that you’ve had time to really break it in & get familiar with it.

Cheers,

Seth