K&N direct fit muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve never seen that offering from K&N. They are a great company but know nothing about their exhaust components. And that price point seems a little high. If I were shopping exhaust I would stick with one of the companies with proven units used and reviewed by guys on the forum. I myself have a Carven Progressive. Love it. Great sound, performance and build quality with minimal drone. Just my .02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: U&A
OP
OP
Cableman

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I like the 304ss design living in the rust belt. If it has no drone like stock this could be a great option!
I emailed them to see what kind of design the muffler uses.
At 400 if it clicks all the boxes of sound and no drone it would be worth it. A risk someone has to take lol maybe it'll be me!

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, they get ya at both ends.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Cableman

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So i pulled the trigger on this muffler from @Nick@GotExhaust. He definitely has it the cheapest and 1 day shipping for me!
Straight through design and 100% non magnetic 304ss even the hangers.
I should have it on friday if all goes as planned. It is not heavy, i will see how it compares to the old.PXL_20210804_202957694.jpg
PXL_20210804_201840040.jpg
PXL_20210804_203026902.jpg
Better pic of the y....
PXL_20210804_205713475.jpg

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So i pulled the trigger on this muffler from @Nick@GotExhaust. He definitely has it the cheapest and 1 day shipping for me!
Straight through design and 100% non magnetic even the hangers.
I should have it on friday if all goes as planned. It is not heavy, i will see how it compares to the old.View attachment 466598
View attachment 466599
View attachment 466600
Better pic of the y....
View attachment 466601
Thank you for your order. It was a pleasure working with you again. Let us know what you think of it.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome I've eyeing this muffler for awhile now. Definitely let us know what you think of it when you get it installed

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep i sure will, try and get a vid on vimeo

Ill let ya know once its installed!
Awesome thanks! I'm looking for a replacement for my mufflex 24 thats getting pretty rotted at this point. I'm really interested in how loud it is, I like my Mufflex 24 because it sounds nice but its not obnoxious and if this is the same I'll be getting one for sure...

OP
OP
Cableman

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Awesome thanks! I'm looking for a replacement for my mufflex 24 thats getting pretty rotted at this point. I'm really interested in how loud it is, I like my Mufflex 24 because it sounds nice but its not obnoxious and if this is the same I'll be getting one for sure...
Yep, not many vids but it sounds very mellow but can tell its not stock.
Well see!

OP
OP
Cableman

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got it installed, took like 2.5 or 3hrs, i had pre soaked the clamps and pipe joints for a few days now and it wasnt bad coming apart.
Fit and finish is top notch, exact fit for sure.
You definitely know its there not like that review on summit racing that its not louder then stock!
Cold start wont wake the neighbors, nice driving around, may have a drone at the 1700ish area, not sure yet but ya do here it. Wide open roars

Stock weight is 28.6lbs and the k&n is 19.8lbs, so a lil bit of weight savings also.

Ill have to figure out this Vimeo thing someone mentioned on here or link a YouTube upload, only got a b4 and after cold start and couple rev's.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a quick merged vid from other day after install, prolly not the best using a phone but can clearly hear a difference in tones between the 2.

Sounds great! Not obnoxious but you know its not stock, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

How is it under load? The Mufflex 24 is a bit on the annoying side after a few hours when I'm towing the camper....

Any difference in how it drives vs the stock muffler?

OP
OP
Cableman

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sounds great! Not obnoxious but you know its not stock, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

How is it under load? The Mufflex 24 is a bit on the annoying side after a few hours when I'm towing the camper....

Im thinking under load it may be the same as what you describe while towing. Right now ive been windows down and not enough drive time but it does get louder going up a hill around that 1700-2k rpm.

I forgot to take a pic of the 2 side by side, stock of course is bigger which doesn't look like it in the pics online.

It feels like 6hp more lol, im trying to see if it nets any mpg improvement but i need to go back to my granny style driving instead of trying to hear the muffler!

RamHemi18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

This is my only fear with doing a muffler swap. My truck is my Daily Driver as well as a family vehicle. I also occasionally tow a camper. My fear is doing a swap to sound good on the daily, but end up being annoying under load while towing. I keep going back and forth on what I want. Considering borla XS, Flowmaster 50 series Delta Flow, Flow FX kit, Total flow. I cant make up my mind! Now this K & N sounds good too!

OP
OP
Cableman

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Someone on here added a 304ss resonator to the front of the borla pro xs and got rid of the drone on that muffler. I think any aftermarket is gonna have some form of drone even if people say it doesnt.

I remember pulling my old camper with my avalanche, a cold air intake and cherry bomb! damn i couldn't stand it while towing! But driving around it was great.

Ive seen some tunning pipe added b4 muffler on here also, or a link to one. Supposed to cancel the drone out.

On a side note, the wife didnt ask if i put a louder muffler on lol ill have to step on it and see if she notices..

RamHemi18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My brother has a flowmaster outlaw dumped at the rear axle on a 5.3L silverado with longtube headers....IDK how he stands it when hes towing! When you tow with this K & N let us know the results! I'd also be interested to hear if the MPGs changed any. How do you like it so far? Seems that it sounds good!

OP
OP
Cableman

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My brother has a flowmaster outlaw dumped at the rear axle on a 5.3L silverado with longtube headers....IDK how he stands it when hes towing! When you tow with this K & N let us know the results! I'd also be interested to hear if the MPGs changed any. How do you like it so far? Seems that it sounds good!
I dont tow anymore, sold my last 2015 coachman apex when i bought current house 6 years ago, only used it one season!
Ill have to take a cruise on a hwy to see how it sounds, would have been this coming Saturday but those plans got canceled.

I like it so far, i definitely would not want it louder.

OP
OP
Cableman

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
This k&n muffler case is 23½ x 10, maybe bigger then the mufflex 24?