New 2018 Ram Alignment Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captain Dunbar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM 2500 Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I've learned alot from these forums as i'm new to Rams, thank you!. That being said, I can't find much info. on Camber and figured i'd start a thread for people who may be experiencing the same issues i'm having. My truck is a 2018 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4. I bought the truck with 200 miles on it and it's been to the dealer 4 times now for front end work. 1st was a worn pitman arm tied rod end ( only drove the truck home from the dealer to figure this out). Wondered all over the highway. It took 3 other trips for them to finally get the part installed, aligned, recall on drag link done and send it home saying everything was fine. Long story short.. i couldn't stand the way it handled and the fact they welded a part that may need to be adjusted in the future so my work began. Installed Thuren Track Bar, Synergy Drag Link, Bilstein Dual Steering Stabilizer, Thuren 2" leveling Kit and Thuren Rear Coils. Truck was getting better so i took it to a reputable alignment shop for it's final alignment. Here's where i found i should have taken it in the 1st place, instead of the dealer! Truck came right back off the alignment rack and he explained the Camber is so far out that the truck needs to go back to the dealer and he's not sure what they will do. Hoping Adjustable Ball Joints are not an option on my brand new Ram! Only other option is a new axle? I'm not feeling good about the phone call that will be coming next week from the dealer. Any thoughts from someone who is familiar with this issue? I'll try to attach a copy of the alignment spec sheets. In the mean time ere are the numbers:

Before Adjustments
Camber 3.06 ( 1.94 and -1.11 )
Caster -0.02 (4.31 and 4.33 )
Toe 0.09 and 1.33

After Adjustments
Camber 2.96 (1.95 and -1.02 )
Caster -0.30 ( 4.30 and 4.59 )
Toe 0.16 ( 0.08 and 0.08 )

OP
OP
Captain Dunbar

Captain Dunbar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM 2500 Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Attached are the alignment specs. from my 2018 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4 showing Camber issue.

Ram Camber 1.jpeg

Ram Camber 2.jpeg

Ram Camber 3.jpeg

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
From what I've seen here, a few people that have had alignment issues with their 2500's, used Thuren Fab alignment specs.

Don't know if this helps or not, but it sounds like a whole lot of issues for a newer truck

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sometimes changing caster can effect camber some but thats a fair amount you need for camber