New 2024 RAM ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTCharlie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I 'm psyched about my new RAM 5.7 after driving a 12 YO GM. Anyway I'm wondering if they corrected the exhaust manifold issue on the new models ? One reason I chose to go with the now extinct 5.7 is hope that the final run will have the bugs worked out. Did this happen to all 5.7 hemi's ? . The 5.7 seems to have as much longevity as any truck engine out there ( I hope)Thanks for any info on this.

Last edited:

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I 'm psyched about my new RAM 5.7 after driving a 12 YO GM. Anyway I'm wondering if they corrected the exhaust manifold issue on the new models ? One reason I chose to go with the now extinct 5.7 is hope that the final run will have the bugs worked out. Did this happen to all 5.7 hemi's ? . The 5.7 seems to have as much longevity as any truck engine out there ( I hope)Thanks for any info on this.
From what I’ve read, yes and no. To be fair, I don’t have a 5th gen with a Hemi. Yes, they solved the bolt-snapping issue by adding a brace to the manifold. However, they transferred the problem to the manifold and now it cracks.

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've owned 7 - 5.7 Hemis in trucks and several in cars. The only issue I had was on my 2012 at 163K and my 21 Limited at about 25K. Bolts on the 2012 and manifolds on the 21. My 22 is over 90K and has been flawless. This isn't really a big problem.

longhornray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi E-Torque
Charlie, my 22 5.7 did not have a single issue for the 70K miles I drove it. I don't anticipate any issues with my 24 5.7. I hope this helps.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Charlie, my 22 5.7 did not have a single issue for the 70K miles I drove it. I don't anticipate any issues with my 24 5.7. I hope this helps.
Drive it and enjoy it, remember this is a forum that mostly report their problems considering the hundreds of thousands that you don't hear about, truth be told Ram has much fewer problems compared to others.

Welcome to the Ram Forum Charlie!!!

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Replaced the bolts in my 11 sport at 100k, 14 RT at 65k, replaced with headers, 15 Durango no problems 30k, 16 laramie no problems 80k, new 24 warlock classic, still same exhaust manifolds 755 miles.

Picked up a leftover 23 Durango RT last week as an additional ride, got a great price. Same exhaust manifolds as 15. Almost identical to the 15, except cloth seats not leather and floor shifter vs knob. Got the sport hood and a few other cosmetic changes.

Got to love the US tax code....

Attachments

• IMG_6182.jpg
    IMG_6182.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
the '19 laramie 4x4 ccsb I had till last year was great. it ran strong and handled well. big brakes and 3.92 gears made it great for towing our 28' travel trailer and when not towing I mostly got 20 mpg on the highway. mine was not e-torque..I wouldnt want that..but otherwise probably very similar to what you have. I would have kept it till the wheels fell off if we had not decided to buy a 5th wheel.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drive it and enjoy it, remember this is a forum that mostly report their problems considering the hundreds of thousands that you don't hear about, truth be told Ram has much fewer problems compared to others.

Welcome to the Ram Forum Charlie!!!
Still driving MY 19 Bighorn (5th Gen), (one of the 1st built in April 2018), no major problems. There were (3) recalls, all done. There were (3) warranty extensions and got 2 done, the Rear Window replaced and CHMSL replaced. Even had the HVAC worked on under a TSB. Yes there have been a few hiccups, but I enjoy the truck, and will keep my lowly Bighorn till the wheels rust off and then glue them back on.

CAVEAT: My truck is non-E Torque, one system where there have been some issues reported and other PPL have been 100% satisfied. OP, drive, enjoy it and maintain it with good oil and filters and timely MX.

ADDED: As Dodge 1500 4 X 4 related: Many Many trucks doing fine.