Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schmach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 4x4
New clock spring was installed OEM in my 2014 1500 4x4 . Local shop who has the RAM software did it. Closest dealership is 4 hours away.
Anyway. The original issue was my son spun the wheel when I had the steering colum disconnected. Threw air bag warning and ECS along with the brakes engaging front left. Got the new one installed at the local shop. When it was done I drove maybe 2 miles and ECS light kicks on. Turn the truck off and it’s gone. Start the truck drive a gain 2-3 miles again kicks on the ECS light. I then noticed it would kick on when using my left turn signal.

This happened 3-4 times. Side note. Truck drives fine. So the ECS is not engaging the breaks..

Try turning the truck of and on one more time and now the damn whipper blades are going like I depressed the whipper fluid button.
Wtf. I called them and I’ll take it back Friday.

What are the thoughts of this talented group of people
I’m thinking wrong computer flash/program.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
New clock spring was installed OEM in my 2014 1500 4x4 . Local shop who has the RAM software did it. Closest dealership is 4 hours away.
Anyway. The original issue was my son spun the wheel when I had the steering colum disconnected. Threw air bag warning and ECS along with the brakes engaging front left. Got the new one installed at the local shop. When it was done I drove maybe 2 miles and ECS light kicks on. Turn the truck off and it’s gone. Start the truck drive a gain 2-3 miles again kicks on the ECS light. I then noticed it would kick on when using my left turn signal.

This happened 3-4 times. Side note. Truck drives fine. So the ECS is not engaging the breaks..

Try turning the truck of and on one more time and now the damn whipper blades are going like I depressed the whipper fluid button.
Wtf. I called them and I’ll take it back Friday.

What are the thoughts of this talented group of people
I’m thinking wrong computer flash/program.
By chance is the truck tuned?

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What Ram software do they have? All they had to do is replace the clock spring assembly and reset the starting angle sensor with a scan tool that is capable of resetting steering angle sensors. It's possible they screwed it up when they installed it

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
I'd lean towards a bad connection, connector not fully plugged in, bent pin, etc. Something along those lines.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd lean towards a bad connection, connector not fully plugged in, bent pin, etc. Something along those lines.

I tend to agree (wires/connector which serves the turn signal assembly). They usually have to be lifted "up" out of the way....

Or it could be a new totally unrelated issue (bad timing) with the relay or multi-function turn signal switch. Those kind of things DO sometimes occur.

The above link is for an older gen Ram, but you get the idea. Also, on a Jeep we have (it's older than your ram), there is inside the turn signal relay on the Jeep, a small circuit board assembly with IC chips on it. We were having intermittent and spontaneous turn signal activation which was due to a broken solder joint on the relay mount. Easy fix ..but hard to spot. But this was an older Jeep G/C ...not sure if it would be a parallel to how your Ram is set up.

But hopefully the shop will re-look at the wiring and easily find the issue. Cars are super-finicky on wiring and electronics these days.:confused:

Last edited: