New Coilovers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abadley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys/gals...looking to replace front coilovers and rear shocks as my Bilstein 5100's are worn and looking for an upgrade to the 5100's. My current ride is a 2014 RAM 1500 Express 4wd 5.7 hemi. Running Bilstein 5100's up front set at 2.8 with Zone UCA. Rear is Bilstein 5100's as well and running Tuftruck TTC-1223 coils and a hellwig sway bar as I tow an 8000lb travel trailer. Tires are 285/65r20 and my current measurements are up front right around 40 1/4" and rear is right out 42 1/4" so 2 inches of rake which I'm not thrilled about but works for towing. I do not off road my truck and is strictly used for commuting and towing my travel trailer. I'll probably go with Fox 2.0 shocks for rear and leave the rest alone in the back. However, up front I'm not sure which coilover I want to replace my 5100's with. Researched the following but looking for the best on road ride over the 5100s.

Eibach Pro-Truck Lift System Stage 1 with the Eibach coils (Possibly set for the 3.5" lift as from what I can tell I'll net around 2.7 of lift)
Bilstein 6112 (Set at the 2.8 ring to maintain same lift I have now)
Icon Stage 1 (Not sure if they are factory set at 2.5 and what kind of lift I would get)

My goal is to keep the front height I am at now.

Looking for any input on which above would be best for road manners.

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Personally I'd get whichever shocks you buy custom tuned by the folks at Accutune. It makes a world of difference when shocks are valved specifically for your individual needs. The Fox 2.0's should be great in back and matching Fox coilovers up front would make sense.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hey guys/gals...looking to replace front coilovers and rear shocks as my Bilstein 5100's are worn and looking for an upgrade to the 5100's. My current ride is a 2014 RAM 1500 Express 4wd 5.7 hemi. Running Bilstein 5100's up front set at 2.8 with Zone UCA. Rear is Bilstein 5100's as well and running Tuftruck TTC-1223 coils and a hellwig sway bar as I tow an 8000lb travel trailer. Tires are 285/65r20 and my current measurements are up front right around 40 1/4" and rear is right out 42 1/4" so 2 inches of rake which I'm not thrilled about but works for towing. I do not off road my truck and is strictly used for commuting and towing my travel trailer. I'll probably go with Fox 2.0 shocks for rear and leave the rest alone in the back. However, up front I'm not sure which coilover I want to replace my 5100's with. Researched the following but looking for the best on road ride over the 5100s.

Eibach Pro-Truck Lift System Stage 1 with the Eibach coils (Possibly set for the 3.5" lift as from what I can tell I'll net around 2.7 of lift)
Bilstein 6112 (Set at the 2.8 ring to maintain same lift I have now)
Icon Stage 1 (Not sure if they are factory set at 2.5 and what kind of lift I would get)

My goal is to keep the front height I am at now.

Looking for any input on which above would be best for road manners.
I have a set of FOX 2.0 coil overs in the for sale section right now. I can pre set them to 2.8 before I ship them out to you if you want.

OP
OP
A

abadley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a set of FOX 2.0 coil overs in the for sale section right now. I can pre set them to 2.8 before I ship them out to you if you want.

@Quick_Shifter How do these compare to the Bilstein 6112's? The FOX are preset to 2" of height out of the box correct? If you crank them up to 2.8 how much of the ride will be compromised? I really do not want to lose any height up front but I'm also hoping to gain a better ride than the 5100's set at 2.8 with stock coils.

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
@Quick_Shifter How do these compare to the Bilstein 6112's? The FOX are preset to 2" of height out of the box correct? If you crank them up to 2.8 how much of the ride will be compromised? I really do not want to lose any height up front but I'm also hoping to gain a better ride than the 5100's set at 2.8 with stock coils.
With the valving of the Bilstein shocks being digressive, you "should" get a decent ride quality still with the Fox 2.0 even with them adjusted to the 2.8" height. I also have Bilstein 5100's set to 2.8 up front and now that I replaced the rear 5100's with Fox 2.5 shocks I can really notice the difference between the two. If you're not off roading, the 2.0's should serve you well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

abadley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys...going with the Bilstein 6112 up front. Got a good deal on them from local shop along with them discounting labor cost to install if I buy through them. I'm hoping they are a nice upgrade over the 5100's I am running now.