New convert to Ram with a stupid question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Let’s see how the French culture/language survives the influence of hundreds of thousands of immigrants. In Alberta it’s usually fi or fo. And most choose fit in but some don’t

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i didn't think any one used the coin holders....i wish i could take mine out. it takes up too much room in that small space.

but, i did add an LED light inside of that so i can see what i'm looking for at night

We have loonies and toonies up here, that add up pretty fast. I keep a pile of them in the console cup holder with a small piece of black cloth to conceal the contents.

I believe my change dispenser pops out, I should likely remove it because I've never used it more than once after loading it up 28 months ago. :cool:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Thinking about COINS
The only way to cash them in, is to put them in a Coinstar machine
You pay over $6.00 US per $50 of coins.
Plus a charge for each use.

Then you have to find the store manager to get a gift card or something

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Thinking about COINS

Here we just put the in paper rolls, that the Bank supplies for free, and the bank gives use full value for them. Would be surprised if your banks don't do the same as they need a supply for customers and shipping coin by truck is REALLY expensive. Way cheaper to get it from clients and charge the businesses for supplying it. Here is is $4.50 per hundred to get coin in rolls.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Thinking about COINS

Or just roll them and deposit them at your bank, assuming you have a local branch.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
We have loonies and toonies up here, that add up pretty fast. I keep a pile of them in the console cup holder with a small piece of black cloth to conceal the contents.

I believe my change dispenser pops out, I should likely remove it because I've never used it more than once after loading it up 28 months ago. :cool:

All my relatives live in Canada. When the loonie first came out in the 80's everyone hated them because after a day shopping - mall, grocery, etc. - you were left with a 3-pound pocket/purse full of dollar coins that you somehow had to get rid of. Can't see how that part has changed. <get it? changed> I kill me. :)

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i didn't think any one used the coin holders....i wish i could take mine out. it takes up too much room in that small space.

but, i did add an LED light inside of that so i can see what i'm looking for at night
Oh Yeah, got coins in mine.

IMG_0610.JPG

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just upgraded my '99 F-150 to a '19 Ram 2500.So far I love this truck. Wish it had a couple of things it doesn't, and wish it didn't have a couple of things it does - but that's the tradeoff when buying used. In playing it and learning it, I found one I just can't figure out. The coin holder has 5 slots, and all of them are different sizes. I have figured out that from right to left is dimes, pennies, nickels and quarters. Why they would put a penny holder in there is beyond me, but that's an engineer for you. But what about the far left one? It is too big for quarters. What the heck is it for? Even if 50-cent pieces were still in normal circulation like they used to be, it is too small for them.
Tollroad tokens? Or Susan B. Anthony dollars?

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Coins are used here for ***** labour.... I mean... allowance for my 6.5yo daughter....lol

She likes the change, and knows Dad has a huge bag of coins in my truck in a heavy duty ziploc bag... I use them for parking and coin washes, and allowance.

I usually have about $150 in toonies, $75 in loonies, and $50 in quarters at any given time.
My kid works hard for her piggy bank savings account... and is fast learning that her time is worth 5 x toonies or 10 x loonies... lol (lil bugger...).

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
copper penny .. used to buy a stick of gum years ago

now they are useless

Now i think adults give them to children, just to get rid of them

The U.S. Mint has no plans to discontinue the penny, and such a move would require congressional approval. However, the “Penny Debate” continues in the United States, with pro- and anti-penny advocates both making some pretty solid points in their arguments

I don't carry anything less than a quarter
At least with enough of them, you can go to a laundromat

all my other lesser coins go into plastic jars

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tollroad tokens? Or Susan B. Anthony dollars?
Yeah, maybe 50 cent pieces or Susan B for the last larger coin holder. Maybe I need to look around and find some and see if any fit, hmmmmm. I got some somewhere.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
copper penny .. used to buy a stick of gum years ago

now they are useless

Now i think adults give them to children, just to get rid of them

The U.S. Mint has no plans to discontinue the penny, and such a move would require congressional approval. However, the “Penny Debate” continues in the United States, with pro- and anti-penny advocates both making some pretty solid points in their arguments

I don't carry anything less than a quarter
At least with enough of them, you can go to a laundromat

all my other lesser coins go into plastic jars
I think that the whole US should do what they did in Europe for the penny eons ago. We never had pennies in Europe, the prices were either rounded up or down to the nearest nickel. NOW, of course, back then U had all the German Pfennings, and them lil suckers were just about as useless, lmao.

ADDED: Wife had a big champagne jar with lid cut for change, where she would dump her change. Still got that jar with change, just left it as is when she died, must be $30-$50 in change in there. I just got a small cup on nightstand where I throw my change. But heck, so many PPL, especially younger not even carry cash anymore, just swipe debit cards anywhere. I am the Unicorn, I do NOT own a Debit Card, neva will, too dangerous as a fiduciary agent, just got a couple of gas cards and a charge card or 2.

GT: I still got a Military DPP card, lol, since I am retired and entitled to it. Very very rarely hit any military area, but I can go to AAFES.COM and get stuff, though I find that AAFES really not save U any money, except TAX. Only really to drive to a Military Installation and buy something if getting a Big ticket item, like say a Big TV.

Last edited:

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We have a loonie here in Canada we'd like to donate somewhere else!
Any takers ;)
Sorry. We have far too many as it is. ;)

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 111339 miles

Unoccupied Mass

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I don't comment too often on here, but you can't tell me that I'm the only person who knows the US has a dollar coin currently in circulation. The far left slot works perfectly for them. Ask your bank teller for some. They don't usually have a lot of them around.