New Cummins, goodbye half ton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArmRippinToys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 1989
Engine
Well as of yesterday afternoon I am the proud owner of a brand new 2012 2500HD Cummins. I decided I missed driving a bigger truck and needed more towing capacity than my 2012 half ton offered so it was time to go back to a truck I can keep for a long time. Plus I really couldn't pass up the fact that with rebates and my employee discount I would be financing 39K on a truck stickered at 47k

As far as options, its and ST but its got the most option you can get on an ST, with the exption of the non-electronic transfer case which I opted for, for off roading purposes. But its got like the U connect, EVIC, auto dimming mirror, trailer brakes (of course), chrome wheel package, like I said most options you can get on an ST!

Both me and my fiance' absolutely love the truck and in the one day I've owned it already have a parts list a mile long, where to start is the question :naughty:

Here's a pic when I was filling it up with the dealership fuel voucher right after purchase

photo.jpg

2nazt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Very nice, congrats on the upgrade I miss my Powerstroke at times, but for now the 1500 is just fine and if needed I'll step back up when I need to! Enjoy the new purchase, and the parts list is good to have keeps the truck new and exciting!

Andy

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Congrats on the new truck

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice looking truck you got there!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Congrats on the new truck. I am on my 2nd cummins now, and I dont think I will own anything else. Its a great motor and having a crew cab with a full size bed is a huge plus.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Congrats on the new Ram!! It sounds a lot like mine.

01dirtydzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v Turbo Diesel
Congrats, looks like the one i bought yesterday as well...

mine is a longbed though..

546999_3459554827838_279470525_n.jpg

OP
OP
ArmRippinToys

ArmRippinToys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 1989
Engine
Yeah I love it, almost that about long bed but figured I could live with out. As far as mods, already have a list going.

First will e getting my Rigid industry back up lights re-installed on the new truck, the. Will be window tint(fiancé is light sensitive) then bed liner and auto start, then the grille is getting painted white and bumpers are getting powder coated candy red(theme will eventually be all white with candy red) then for Xmas will be a smarty programmer installed, then 5" straight pipe turbo back exhaust( mainly to get rid of DPF), then EGR delete, then S&B CAI, probably a 20" rigis industries single row mounted between the tow hooks, after that 6 or 8" BDS suspension lift with new rims and some 37's after that some kind of side steps, and I'm sure the list will go on after that cuz ill probably end up doing injectors, injection and lift pumps but that's it in that order for now

2nazt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Big Horn
Engine
nice start to a mod list! once again congrats on the nice purchase

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I love it, almost that about long bed but figured I could live with out. As far as mods, already have a list going.

First will e getting my Rigid industry back up lights re-installed on the new truck, the. Will be window tint(fiancé is light sensitive) then bed liner and auto start, then the grille is getting painted white and bumpers are getting powder coated candy red(theme will eventually be all white with candy red) then for Xmas will be a smarty programmer installed, then 5" straight pipe turbo back exhaust( mainly to get rid of DPF), then EGR delete, then S&B CAI, probably a 20" rigis industries single row mounted between the tow hooks, after that 6 or 8" BDS suspension lift with new rims and some 37's after that some kind of side steps, and I'm sure the list will go on after that cuz ill probably end up doing injectors, injection and lift pumps but that's it in that order for now

Nice truck and welcome to the 6.7 Cummins club. I love mine. Skip the smarty, from what I have heard there have been issues with the 2010+'s, xrt pro isn't much more. Can't wait to see the finished project

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Skip the smarty and get an H&S tuner

I would suggest a mini maxx over the xrt pro. It's more expensive but it gives you all of your gauges and also has defueling capabilities.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Time to trade mine in.......LOL
I want a diesel

OP
OP
ArmRippinToys

ArmRippinToys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 1989
Engine
:Wedgie:
Skip the smarty and get an H&S tuner

I would suggest a mini maxx over the xrt pro. It's more expensive but it gives you all of your gauges and also has defueling capabilities.

I didnt even notice that I wrote smarty, I actually planned on the Mini maxx, I wanted the black maxx but was informed that they didnt make them any more. Supposedly H&S may have a replacement for the black maxx soon. My local diesel shop will put the mini in though for like $902 which isnt bad for the mini maxx, especially installed.