New guy question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dana78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemingway 6.4
Hi all. I purchased a set of wheels and tires. Vision wheels 18x9 factory offset and Atturo trail blade 35/12.5/18. now the truck feels like i'm driving with the break on. A friend told me that there was a plate on the transmission that has a corrugated piece of metal that i guess calibrates the tranny to run correct with the wheel and tire size. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Or should I just put 488s in the rearend?

powerwagon.jpg POWERWAGON 2.jpg

Last edited:

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
check PSI and report back, Dont talk to that friend anymore.

need a procal or other product to maintain computer specs for tires.

just putting 488 in the rear sounds like your not actually serious, or maybe this is your first trucK. not trying to be mean, but have you had trucks with larger aftermarket tires before?

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I had no problem when I installed mine, truck runs great actually feels better with the 35s. My wheels and tires came shipped with only 28psi in them and the tpms light came on quickly after I installed them. Aired up to 60psi in front and 63 in the rear and no problems

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
You put on bigger, heavier tires. Yeah, the truck is going to feel a little slower. That’s normal.

If you aren’t sure that you need 4.88s and know why you need them, you don’t need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
yeah, check tire psi and then just accept it how she is! Also, keep in mind that braking distance has increased as well...