New Guy :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikz86ta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, I am Michel (pronounced like Michael but no a). I am new to this forum but not new to forums in general. I am a moderator on another enthusiast site. I am however new to Ram / Chrysler products as far as ownership.
Background on me is I grew up with a wrench in my hand thanks to my dad, I self-learned electronics and went from an apprentice, to management at a big retailer to running my own shop for car audio-electronics. I retired from that life of sorts a year and half ago to peruse electronics in a different arena. I work for a manufacturer operating a SMT (surface mount technology) line building various circuit boards. I run multi million dollar machines building consumer, medical, aircraft, government, industrial, etc, etc products. 4 days on and 3 days off, long shifts but I love my job!
In my spare time I enjoy working out, watchng UFC, playing with the dogs, turning wreches on one of 3 vehicles I own plus the GF's truck and I play pool on two amatuer league teams.

I just bought a brand new Ram 1500 which is what brings me here.
Its a 1500, BigHorn, QC, 2wd, in Silver. I am enjoying it so far for the 3mo. and 3k miles which it just turned yesterday.
The details are as above plus basic 5.0 BT headunit, center console option, anti-spin diffy, 5.7L / 8speed / 3.31:1, Remote Start, Luxury Group, the basic BH 20" Chromes and a couple other goodies.
Most above was exactly what I wanted but not all. The RStart was a bonus. I wanted backup camera (I didnt want the sensors) but they were getting slim on inventory to be super picky. The Lux Group was a requirement :) And I can always add the backup camera. Sorry to hear about JeepGuy who had that rev cam kits. I been lurking and researching before I got the truck in case you were curious. But there are others I found.
Im pretty easy to get along with, creative, respectful and admire the ones who are like me.

Mods.....yea Ive done a few already :naughty:

Just put on a Magnaflow 22" muffler. My GF is sick of me spending nights hearing video clips..haha So far Im pleased. I didnt do the Mulfflex kit simply because I was torn in deciding if the 18 was too loud and 24 too quiet. Being new I was looking forward to do-it-myself but I paid less to get a shop to do this with their labor and 22" muffler that I would have to get the Mufflex kit shipped. Still its really cool they offer it.

First mod tho was some rear flor LED lamps. I was inspired by the Laramie (and other models) underseat rear LEDs. The truck I have is already pre-wired for the rear seat lamps, so it was a easy desicion. I did mine different thatn the Laramie and did 2 each side. I will post pics later.

The dealer threw in the heavy rubber stock-fit floor mats for free. They are a $80 option so that was nice.

I want to go with HIDs in the next year but got other priorities. So for the time being I got Phillips Chrystal Visions in Fogs and Heads. Not completely satisfied with the color but they are way better at output than the stock ones.

I did the nice Xenon lamps in the Reverse and Cargo. Will do CREE LEDs in the future. I did the other interior lamps in LEDs so far except vanity and glovebox, but those are coming one day. Debating on stock Sport LED Taillamps but not ye sure of they are plug n play. Found some pnp aftermarket ones I like.

I have EFILive for my GM truck but they dont support this Ram. Too bad :( But I am looking to do the HF tune and Diablo once I get a few mods and more funds.

Being car audio background I have plans there too. Already swapped in a set of Kicker CS 3.5" dash speakers with some bass blockers. They are true t way highs now and have a clean crisp sound. I want to do front door 6x9 midbass or maybe the Kenwood 7" round woofer competent set. Sub is either gonna be Kicker Hideaway under drivers seat or a 8 or 10 under drivers rear seat that I build.

I removed the airbox-to-fender duct since it seems like a restriction. Makes more sound but prob not much HP help. Just left it open. I am going thru designing a duct to the Rt Front bumper where the tow hook would have been. Removing the beauty plug there or drilling it out and placing a scoop behind it. Seems enuff room. I have some JL Audio Flex-Port in storage that is able to be made larger or smaller and is very flexible while being non-collapsible. I am also looking to make a intake tube that replaces the accordion part with a smoother part.

I also want to paint my engine cover Hemi Orange and do the letteing in Silver. I want more pop under the hood but not gaudy :)

I will post up pics of stuff and the truck when I ave the time. I really enjoy looking at the creativity of this forums members, the layout of it and the DIYs.

Later, Michel

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome, looks like you have a good start on the modding

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Welcome to the site.

OP
OP
M

mikz86ta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I'm out and about most times, I dont have internet at home. Just got the photobucket app so am trying to figure out how to share pics.
http:// 20140725_141322_zpszdnal8fe.jpg