NEW HERE/NEED ADVISE PLS.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dodgeram77, Jun 11, 2019 at 12:40 PM.

1. Dodgeram77

Dodgeram77 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hi I have a 1994 Dodge ram 1500 5.2 A/T with 102k that I have owned for 20 years, it still Runs and drives great, my question is is it worth putting about $4-$6 Grand into it to restore it to have it painted, body work,headliner etc.? I have already put about $3 Grand into it, I do most of the repairs myself that I can, but I'm no painter,thx JIMMY

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 12:51 PM
  2. jessyj

jessyj Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    That,s only a years worth of payments on a new truck, go for it you know the truck already. As long as its not a rust bucket. I have two 1996,s and two 1998,s. And that's all I drive year round.

3. Fast69Mopar

Fast69Mopar Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 HEMI
    If you have owned the truck that long, you know the truck inside and out. You kept it for a reason. In my professional opinion, it is well worth it to spend any dollar amount on a vehicle of mine.

If you love that truck then go for it. Spend the money and make it exactly how you want it. Get the body straight and the trim cleaned up or replaced. Freshen up the seats and install a new headliner. New carpet.

Then, have that thing painted. With the advancements in paint quality over the last 25 years your truck will shine and glisten in the sunlight and you'll fall in love with it all over again Jimmy.

Good luck man. Just imagine for a moment what it was like to drive that truck 20 years ago. You'll have that new truck feeling all over again.

Mop likes this.
  4. Shadow_Death

Shadow_Death Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.2L Magnum
    I think dapepper9 dabbled in the E-Fan business. I may be wrong.

5. MADDOG

MADDOG Cummins Driver Staff Member Super Moderator Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel
    It might be. You won't get your investment back if you sell or trade the truck but if you plan on keeping it, and the body doesn't need much work, I say go for it.

Mop likes this.
  6. madtrucker2016

madtrucker2016 Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hell yes keep it dame good truck had that year also it was a crew 8 foot bed rode better then my new ram does:banana-mario: