New here need some input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boddah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey guys I’m looking at first time ram. Wondering if you can help me choose?
My wife says I can’t lift this one haha so I’m doing a level kit and new wheels and tires only. All the trucks I’m looking at are relatively the same price. Any thoughts or advice for me to choose is appropriated!!
First is 2016 40km tradesman with Bluetooth roll up tonnue ,hitch ,drop in liner and those ****** wheels.
Second is 2015 98km fog lights, all aftermarket Bluetooth and back up cam. Folding tonnue, spray liner and hitch on 17” wheels
Last is 2014 77km heated seats no Bluetooth. Roll tonnue, hitch and drop in liner. On 20” wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome, I would get the 2016....its the newest and has the least amount of miles.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Agreed, all Hemis?

OP
OP
B

boddah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Agreed, all Hemis?

Yes all hemis. I need Bluetooth and backup cam for the wife and like I said I want to get new wheels anyway. Is there anything I’m missing getting the tradesman? Do all these models sit at the same height for the leveling kit?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
for the most part they all sit close to the same. Outdoorsman's sit about an inch higher, and some trucks list "Raised Ride hight" but imo they don't sit any higher and take the same amount of lift as all the other 4x4's. So, Assuming you are looking at 4x4's something like bilstein 5100 adjustables set at 2.1 will get you pretty close to level, and on some trucks 2.8 setting seems to be a little high.

OP
OP
B

boddah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Awesome thanks for the quick reply’s. I got a couple more... what size tire will fit with no rub keep in mind this is just a traveller and grocery getter truck so no flex needed. And can I get backup cam will it be plug and play into the deck?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Agree, get the 16. Should have some warranty left. Depending on what you are using the truck for, don't rule out the V6. You will either save some dollars or get a better equipped truck.

OP
OP
B

boddah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Agree, get the 16. Should have some warranty left. Depending on what you are using the truck for, don't rule out the V6. You will either save some dollars or get a better equipped truck.

Not many v6 around and the diesel is just too expensive and more money to maintain

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Awesome thanks for the quick reply’s. I got a couple more... what size tire will fit with no rub keep in mind this is just a traveller and grocery getter truck so no flex needed. And can I get backup cam will it be plug and play into the deck?

Tire size will mainly depend on wheel offset but even with bilsteins set at 2.1 you can fit 35’s with the right wheel offset. if you go to 2.8 on the bilsteins you have more wheel offset options with 35’s

Personally I have mine set at 2.1 with tires that work out to 34’s and I think it’s the right size where 35’s tend to look stuffed

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Level, a 20x9 and 285/65/20

20160331_085659.jpg

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tire size will mainly depend on wheel offset but even with bilsteins set at 2.1 you can fit 35’s with the right wheel offset. if you go to 2.8 on the bilsteins you have more wheel offset options with 35’s

Personally I have mine set at 2.1 with tires that work out to 34’s and I think it’s the right size where 35’s tend to look stuffed

THis.......................Taka a look at Quietpeen's truck .......this is probably the look you want......it,s Beautiful!

OP
OP
B

boddah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
THis.......................Taka a look at Quietpeen's truck .......this is probably the look you want......it,s Beautiful!

Please show me this beauty! I think I’m getting a little ahead of myself as I always do considering I don’t have the truck yet haha. But I do have my mods in mind already even if I can’t go all out this time

OP
OP
B

boddah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Looks good man!! So no rub?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Thanks!! I have slight rub on full lock left but I have negative offset 10” wide wheels that push the wheels out from the fender. If I had zero offset wheels there would be no rubbing at all

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Cool, thanks, I need some.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get 3.92 rear end gears. All that other stuff can be added easily. But if you make the mistake of getting 3.21s, your stuck with them, and there's not much you can do about it.

I can't emphasize it enough. Get 3.92 gears!

And pay cash.