New here - Yes, I work for a Ram dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VicksburgCDJR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey everyone!
I do work for a RAM dealership and wanted to join in on the conversation.
RAM trucks truly are pretty amazing and I just wanted to see what everyone was talking about.
I know there are advertisements all over the place, so, I don't want to be here for that. However, I was hoping to be a sounding board for those that are upset with the inflation of prices out there.
I personally, don't approve of this and believe it or not, neither does our dealership, condone these kind of tactics.

What are your thoughts on this issue? Where are you seeing it the most???

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I sorta like what Ford is doing to dealerships they're catching jacking the price of new vehicles up due to excessive demand..Ford won't send them vehicles.

OP
OP
VicksburgCDJR

VicksburgCDJR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes, that i
I sorta like what Ford is doing to dealerships they're catching jacking the price of new vehicles up due to excessive demand..Ford won't send them vehicles.
Yes! That is what Jeep (now Stellantis) is trying to do.
I have caught a few dealership outside our region on their ordering.
Of course, I couldn't do anything about it. HA!
They were coming up with fake names and placing orders...just to try and gain more inventory.
But, someone put a name that was from a movie as someone purchasing a new Jeep and their Stellantis Rep caught it...HAHA!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey everyone!
RAM trucks truly are pretty amazing and I just wanted to see what everyone was talking about.
I know there are advertisements all over the place, so, I don't want to be here for that. However, I was hoping to be a sounding board for those that are upset with the inflation of prices out there.
I personally, don't approve of this and believe it or not, neither does our dealership, condone these kind of tactics.

I despise the adjusted market price markup. I can understand the nothing off sticker, but 3500 dollars plus over sticker ! I’ll be remembering this when choosing what and where I’ll be buying future vehicles.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I despise the adjusted market price markup. I can understand the nothing off sticker, but 3500 dollars plus over sticker ! I’ll be remembering this when choosing what and where I’ll be buying future vehicles.
sounds like Ford is going to punish dealerships that are marking up by not allotting them vehicles. Chevy dealer said they are having to buy vehicles from private parties and then having to mark them up to make any profit. They are complaining that there are private parties that buy up new vehicles and then sell them back to the dealership at profit so dealerships have some inventory.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Hey everyone!

Welcome to the Forum.

Could you tell us what area you work in so we can provide appropriate feedback for you? There is about every type of truck owner you can think of on here, including Ram Technicians. You sound like you are in sales?

There is a lot of concern currently about the replacement of the Hemi engines with an I6 turbo and EV. The Hemi kind of crossed the bridge between moderate towing and performance / sport truck. An I6T is more of a tow-only engine, and the EV is a big unknown.

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if you work in parts I have a question what is the part number for 75W-85 HD Ram GL-5 Synthetic Axle Lubricant. I have never been able to find Ram axle lubricant and that is what my Power wagon owners manual calls for :) they don't say mopar like they do on all the other lubes but specifically say Ram as I copy and pasted that from the on line owners manual. what kind of bugs me is says HD and none of the mopar branded 75W85 says HD on it.

DooganDazs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Edit: I just put a deposit down on a 2022 PowerWagon that is in transit, expected at the end of the month. The dealer told me that it was a $3,000 over invoice MSRP pricing. I didn't know any better, so agreed to it verbally. I like the truck since it is built almost exactly what I would have picked if I ordered one. Do I have any leverage with them to have them remove the $3k markup if this practice is not sanctioned by Stellantis?

Last edited:

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just put a deposit down on a 2022 PowerWagon that is in transit, expected at the end of the month. The dealer told me that it was a $3,000 over invoice pricing. I didn't know any better, so agreed to it verbally. I like the truck since it is built almost exactly what I would have picked if I ordered one. Do I have any leverage with them to have them remove the $3k markup if this practice is not sanctioned by Stellantis?
pretty sure they can charge over invoice. Invoice is what they pay. what is msrp? Ford is cracking down on dealers charging substantial amounts over msrp but I doubt even Ford would say $3000 over msrp is excessive. I think they are talking big money over msrp. I would say Stellantis could care less if say a dealer added $5000 over msrp.

DooganDazs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
whoops, i said that wrong. I meant to put $3k over MSRP, not invoice. Thanks for the feedback!

The reason that they said they were marking up the PowerWagons is because they are a "performance" vehicle. They also said that for trucks with the Cummins diesel engine that it would be 3K over sticker also. So maybe they are just looking for reasons to get a few extra bucks...

Last edited:

Floyd1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is a thought on supply and demand .
1. Supposedly the chip shortages is driving the market value way up , along with low inventory.
2. Ram , GM , Ford , Toyota, Nissan
Are still manufacturing vehicles, storing in stadiums, lots .
3. Once they get some chips in the older 2021 they will sell them as new and with rebates or at MSRP ?
4. Once the chip shortages is over , manufacturers have seen low inventory = high prices, high profits
No discounts , no rebates.

What your seeing now may become the new normal ?

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know there are shortages of vehicles on lots. At the same time dealerships are marking stuff over MSRP and they brought in way more profit last year than the year before. So....why are they marking it up if they are making way more than would be a normal profit margin?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I know there are shortages of vehicles on lots. At the same time dealerships are marking stuff over MSRP and they brought in way more profit last year than the year before. So....why are they marking it up if they are making way more than would be a normal profit

Probably from the mark up on used cars. Less interest on stock, new and used, sitting on there lots.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Here is a thought on supply and demand .
1. Supposedly the chip shortages is driving the market value way up , along with low inventory.
2. Ram , GM , Ford , Toyota, Nissan
Are still manufacturing vehicles, storing in stadiums, lots .
3. Once they get some chips in the older 2021 they will sell them as new and with rebates or at MSRP ?
4. Once the chip shortages is over , manufacturers have seen low inventory = high prices, high profits
No discounts , no rebates.

What your seeing now may become the new normal ?

Fixed costs. They are making and storing vehicles they can't sell yet because they need to keep their workers working and fixed costs accrue regardless of how many units you make. They aren't going to idle production facilities long term to artifically limit supply, especially when competitors make a near fungible product.

camaro6769

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes, that i

Yes! That is what Jeep (now Stellantis) is trying to do.
I have caught a few dealership outside our region on their ordering.
Of course, I couldn't do anything about it. HA!
They were coming up with fake names and placing orders...just to try and gain more inventory.
But, someone put a name that was from a movie as someone purchasing a new Jeep and their Stellantis Rep caught it...HAHA!
VicksburgCDJR,

I have owned 5 Dodge Rams since 2009. My current lease ends in July. I have been trying to trade my Ram truck for close to 6 months now. I have physically been to numerous Dodge dealers in my area and been on the phone with dealers in the four state area. The advertisements from Dodge about buying a truck online are all BS, because you have to go to a dealership to finalize the deal. Once you get to the dealership it's nothing but a bunch of excuses as to why they cannot honor certain things on the website. Long story short, the truck price ends up being 10K more. The dealership in Waynesboro, PA is forcing everyone who buys a vehicle off his lot to accept 2K worth of charges, which are just large money makers for the dealership. The first item is a ceramic coating on the paint and the seat protection. This used to be optional, but anyone can buy a ceramic coat and scotch guard ($125.00 bucks combined) and do it themselves. They are charging $900 bucks for this. Pure profit for the dealership. The next mandatory charge is a security etching on the window. It's like 800-900 bucks. I say etching, but I believe it's two stickers that help the police try to identify your vehicle if stolen. Not sure why anyone would pay for this? The last charge is nitrogen in the tires for $100 bucks. If you read on AAA's website, this is great for aircraft who start on the ground at 90-100 degrees Fahrenheit, then go to 30 thousand feet to a temp of 30 below...The nitrogen helps aircraft tires from deflating, but has little effect on a vehicle.

I feel like the Dodge Dealership has no right to tell me how to spend my money, especially 2k of my hard earned money! I called Dodge corporate to make a complaint and they just keep giving me the same BS answer. "We encourage our customers to work with the dealerships because they are independently owned." Well, the problem is, the dealership is the problem. The dealership is running the Dodge name into the ground and ******* off all their loyal customers. I myself am looking to get rid of of Dodge truck and my wife's Dodge Charger, and I doubt I will ever own another Dodge vehicle. There are some amazing deals being offered on the internet websites of these Dodge dealers, but when you get there, they are all BS. A lot of Dodge Dealers are offering to buy your trade in for 125% of its value, but they are low-balling the value of your vehicle and you are lucky if 125% of the value, makes it back to what it should be worth in the first place.

I just feel like there is no integrity out there right now. Just about done with Dodge!

camaro6769

Last edited: