Dealership drawing dragging thier feet, because of warranty work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkR465

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a fueling issue, 2021 RAM Limited, 26000+/- miles.

I know it's been discussed here before but, it seems like, the dealership can't find room on their schedule to just even have a look. I do have a "connection" they know the mechanic/technician, and the service manager. BUT, they say NO mechanic/technician wants to touch warranty work, because they aren't paid proportionate to the job, essentially losing money? The mechanic/technician knows I need a new fuel tank and/or neck, but I just can't get it in to at least, diagnose, and order parts if needed.

As an added note, I do have an extended MAX CARE warranty up to 100k

Any suggestions are welcome. But the main question is, I thought warranty work was priority. To keep the "customer happy"

Maybe @RamCares could give some assistance?

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have heard of that kind of thing at some dealers. Personally, I've never run into that issue on any warranty repair. Maybe look for a different dealer?

zrock

Reaction score
yes i have heard of that lots.. It actually comes down to a dealer does not know or want to take the time to do up the paperwork for the warranty claim properly so they get paid for all of their time. What they really do not like is warranty does not pay shop rate they pay a reduced rate but the shop still makes money, they also do not like the fact that warranty will only pay book time unless the shop takes pictures and writes a good story of why they went over book time, and they cant use the excuse we put the first year tech on this that had no clue what he was doing.

Warranty work according to manufacturers is supposed to take priority in a shop as they do not want to take the chance that the customer will change brands the next time they want a veh.. Dealerships that go against that run the risk of losing their status with the manufacturer or even having the manufacturer pull out depending on how many complaints are filed.