New injectors and deleted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rdhester68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
I’m new to the site as well as to diesel pickups. I deliver rvs and I just had my 80 ram 2500 4wd deleted by a mechanic who pretty talked me into saying it’s the best to do for my motor since I put almost 200k in first year so he deletes it but I don’t get a tuner and he installed software claiming it’s geared for my vin and blah blah blah. I was having fuel rail low pressure code and a dealer claimed I needed high injection pump and $4200 later problem still happening and they claim since it’s deleted they thing the software is commanding too much pressure so I get it to original mechanic and the lift pump is at negative 2 under load but my injectors showing a leak as well. Now I put new lift pump in and following week he installs new injectors lines and connectors and the. Says he can’t get the injectors to program or be coded and proceeds to tell me it don’t matter and it will only throw a code. I get mad but he knows everything and what I read online ia don’t drive without getting them programmed or coded to my truck. Oh and he claims something wrong with my truck because he can’t get it done. Is it a have to thing? Can they be programmed on a tuned truck? Can it be done without being able to get into the time or does it need another time? Also can I buy a tuner and get rid of his software so I’m not trapped to dealing with him? Sorry for rambling but seems this guy has got me screwed good. Thanks for any help. Oh and it just thre another low rail pressure code again.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
What year is your truck as your post is confusing, not sure why you allowed truck to be deleted just on say so of one person and I don't understand why anyone would not want to read up and learn about the pros and cons of deleting. Based on your post the person doing all the work sounds incompetent back yard hack...

OP
OP
R

Rdhester68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
Hey thanks for the response and i was incredibly mad at my decision to listen to a shop owner who ended up being such a know it all that he would not even read threads and links contradicting what he was preaxhing and it was after i had allowed him to deltw truck becuase it was much cheaper than replacing a clogged dpf system. I have aince gotten so lme good advice and sis fix majority of issues with a simple fuel filter replacement that was supposed to have been done at injector replacement. After reading your reply i felt quite dumb for my post to begin with and ahowed me how important it is to think before posting and wait to calm down. Aorry for that but wanted to touch base and say happy holidays

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good luck. You know that the transmission will need upgraded?

You know it’s thousands in fines if DOT notices.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hey thanks for the response and i was incredibly mad at my decision to listen to a shop owner who ended up being such a know it all that he would not even read threads and links contradicting what he was preaxhing and it was after i had allowed him to deltw truck becuase it was much cheaper than replacing a clogged dpf system. I have aince gotten so lme good advice and sis fix majority of issues with a simple fuel filter replacement that was supposed to have been done at injector replacement. After reading your reply i felt quite dumb for my post to begin with and ahowed me how important it is to think before posting and wait to calm down. Aorry for that but wanted to touch base and say happy holidays

Question your profile list you having a 2006 5.9 Cummins, that year truck never came nor had with a DPF on it making your original post more confusing...