new member looking for some feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRETT sewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Hi all great to find some enthusiasts to bounce a couple things off of!
I own a 2003 Laramie 2500 long box crew 4x4 since 2006, its been a great truck with an upgrade to the 47re hd built trans put the 1.5 inch steering upgrade in and running on blistein shocks.
It looks like its headed for its 3rd visit to get injector smoke dealt with along with a window switch intermittent complete failure issue so ...
I need advice on the 2018 or 2019 2500 currently availableand soon to be upgrading to if its even worth it
I don't need more towing than my 3900 lb racecar and trailer demand
1)Is the ride going to be similar / better empty or stiffer?
2)Is a 3500 much different?

thanks!
ps and really driven by the discounts up here 15 thousand off of a 75 thousand dollar truck is typical range of discounts along with the potential of the 2019 being a 8 to 10 thousand dollar adder

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm certainly no expert on HD trucks but I know for a fact that the newer 2500's will ride like a Cadillac compared to what you have now because they switched to coils in the rear a few years back and of course since your truck has leafs its ride would be closer to that of the 3500. I assume that your truck has the 5.7 and the the 6.4 in the newer trucks is infinitely better. Is that a 66 or 67 Chevelle in your pic? Nice looking car but slightly hard to tell since both the front and back aren't in the picture.

OP
OP
BRETT sewell

BRETT sewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
yes its a 67 Chevelle nice guess! and my truck has the 5.9 cummins real tough to decide especially since the 2019 has leaked more pics lol if i wait a year might only cost 5g to get the new truck design

OP
OP
BRETT sewell

BRETT sewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
got a buyer for old faithful! now closing in on a 2018 slt loaded except the led lights... is it an upgradeable option for SLT trucks to put in the Laramie led style headlights?

OP
OP
BRETT sewell

BRETT sewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Congrats, you like the Crew Cab better?
The old rear seating fit the 15 yr old but it wasnt nearly as much room in the old crew cab vs the new one, steering it is car like and i may miss the 8ft box but picked up a 20ft trailer to compensate ;)

OP
OP
BRETT sewell

BRETT sewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Love the new bumper height, the lighting from thes projector ram lights are good plenty of light! no issues on that and was very relieved. The proven design, it was the reasoning outside of cost of staying awy from the new 2019 that looks amazing but also has now less Moose protection up front

DSC_0436 (2).JPG