New Power Wagon Day!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I traded my 2018 PW for a Jeep Gladiator earlier this year.
The PW had some issues, I hated the 6 speed transmission, and the gas mileage (lifted with 35's) was terrible.
I thought the Jeep might serve as a Baby Power Wagon since it has the locking differentials and dislocating sway bar.
The Jeep was comfortable when I test drove it, but over the last few months, I have grown to hate it...... It's just really small and uncomfortable. I'm an average sized guy, 5' 10" / 210 pounds, and I just don't feel like I fit in the Jeep.

I picked up a 2022 Power Wagon over the weekend in Delmonico Red.
It's beautiful, but I need to do something quickly to protect the finish. I love off roading, and I work out of my truck as an electrician.....It's going to get hammered if I don't ceramic coat or wrap it soon.
I usually go with white, silver, etc so that the scratches and dirt don't show much. My last PW was the Mojave Sand color. I wish they still made that color!!!

2022 - PW - Delmonico Red.jpg

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I should add that the Jeep was for me to drive when I wasn't driving my work truck, which was a 2022 Ram 2500 Cummins.
The Cummins is now my wife's truck and I'll be using the PW for all of my truck needs. Sorry Jeep, you gots to go!!!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I should add that the Jeep was for me to drive when I wasn't driving my work truck, which was a 2022 Ram 2500 Cummins.
The Cummins is now my wife's truck and I'll be using the PW for all of my truck needs. Sorry Jeep, you gots to go!!!
Nice choice and color. There are a lot of PPL use good products on these beasts, I am sure someone will chime in. Great looking ride for sure.

Stuffpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
I made the same move. Loved the gladiator for around town but loud and cramped. Definitely a fun little truck though

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I made the same move. Loved the gladiator for around town but loud and cramped. Definitely a fun little truck though
We're on the fence about the Gladiator. It's so new and we still owe about $50,000 on it. Plus, we bought AEV rims and a few other things for it. Might end up keeping the Jeep for weekend fun since the PW will be loaded down with tools and equipment.

The PW is much more fun to drive, and it will get me to just about any remote jobsite. The Jeep has a much tighter turning radius and weighs a lot less....
We either keep the Jeep and drive it. Or.....sell it, take the loss, and find an older Power Wagon that we can soup up and do crazy stuff with!

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
my son is driving up to deliver the wife her new Tesla model y today.when her Cyber truck arrives we will trade the Y back to him,so we will be a 2 truck household whenever it gets delivered.she wants something to drive safely in to town in the winter and she doesn't like trying to park my Powerwagon.i don't think a cybertruck will be any different but that's between her and our son,he bought it for her.i don't want her driving my truck anyway.she always tries to smoke in it.

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
I traded my 2018 PW for a Jeep Gladiator earlier this year.
The PW had some issues, I hated the 6 speed transmission, and the gas mileage (lifted with 35's) was terrible.
I thought the Jeep might serve as a Baby Power Wagon since it has the locking differentials and dislocating sway bar.
The Jeep was comfortable when I test drove it, but over the last few months, I have grown to hate it...... It's just really small and uncomfortable. I'm an average sized guy, 5' 10" / 210 pounds, and I just don't feel like I fit in the Jeep.

I picked up a 2022 Power Wagon over the weekend in Delmonico Red.
It's beautiful, but I need to do something quickly to protect the finish. I love off roading, and I work out of my truck as an electrician.....It's going to get hammered if I don't ceramic coat or wrap it soon.
I usually go with white, silver, etc so that the scratches and dirt don't show much. My last PW was the Mojave Sand color. I wish they still made that color!!!

View attachment 504080
I have the same color and look except its a 2020. Did the ceramic coat 1.5 years so far and have zero regrets

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have the same color and look except its a 2020. Did the ceramic coat 1.5 years so far and have zero regrets
I dropped my truck off last night to get ceramic coated, and am adding "Clear Bra" film over the hood, headlights, and the bed edges.
I climb on the bed a lot and have a ladder rack that I'll be using on the truck. I figure that the cost of the truck justifies the cost of the protection.....

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
We're trading our Jeep Gladiator in today for a 2013 Power Wagon. That way, we have a basher/go to the woods/cut firewood truck and a fancy, new beautiful truck.
The Jeep is great for offroad, but completely useless on the highway.