New Radio needed,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Jamison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
So I just left the dealership. My GPS was off by about 300 miles and I thought I would see if there was a service bulletin. $200 to diagnose and "load" new flash. 2 hours later, couldn't load the flash and they say I need a new $$$ radio??? Really, 3 year old truck??? 8s this a known issue that they are refusing to fix? Anyone?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My daughter recently had her head unit replaced in her 2019 Rebel for the same issue. Her nav placed her in Puget Sound LOL (she lives about 300 miles from there). She had about a month left on her factory warranty, and it was covered under that. No diagnostic charge. The new head unit fixed her problem.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Had the same same in the wife’s 2018 Grand Cherokee. Dealership tried to reflash the radio, but it wouldn’t take. Radio replaced, under warranty, and took maybe 4-5 weeks till it was replaced.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
My 2016 Radio GPS was off by at least 30 miles at times
Other times it showed me driving where no road existed

I checked the

It showed that i needed to do 2 updates, you can not skip over any

Since then, my GPS seems to be ok

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just wondering, how much does the dealer charge for a new radio? Mine was replaced under warranty.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I just left the dealership. My GPS was off by about 300 miles and I thought I would see if there was a service bulletin. $200 to diagnose and "load" new flash. 2 hours later, couldn't load the flash and they say I need a new $$$ radio??? Really, 3 year old truck??? 8s this a known issue that they are refusing to fix? Anyone?
If you're radio no longer boots up after they tried to flash it they owe you a new radio on the house. You didn't ask them to break it more and this is a common issue.

Killingbugs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004hemi
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same issue on my 2015. Ram Cares said sorry!!
Radio was about $800....
Gotta love having a radio for that price.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If your GPS is off & everything else is OK

New Vehicle, look at top of EVIC for letters CAL

You may calibrate the compass by completing one or more 360 degree turns (in an area free from large metal or metallic objects) until the “CAL” message displayed in the EVIC turns off

If your radio map location is off
Ignition ON, press Down Arrow on left side of the steering wheel, until personal preferences comes up

This part i am not sure about, but looking under personal preferences, there may be a mention of the compass

IF not, after getting to personal preferences, push the SELECT button & look for anything compass related.

Then drive around in 360 degree circles

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2013 had that issue, it had me in TX when I was in ID, plus the compass was not correct. Dealer wanted $1,500 to replace it. I had spent hours on the phone with Uconnect and others trying every re-boot, and suggestion I could find. Nothing worked. I ended pulling the radio myself and sending it to a company that repairs them. From memory it was about $500. for the repairs. The radio worked fine, it was just the GPS system didn't work, and it bugs me when something doesn't work. I wish you luck , it is very frustrating...