New RAM Hellcat in the works?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Sorry to say, but this isn't going to happen. Why take so long, I held out for one of these but I don' think they could make the drive train reliable. What a shame
I dont think the drive train will be a problem. The 707hp is at the motor, have to figure in loss through drive train. Trackhawk guys on the dyno in 2wd are seeing 5xx hp.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to say, but this isn't going to happen. Why take so long, I held out for one of these but I don' think they could make the drive train reliable. What a shame

What? Already happened in the Jeep with 4x4. Drivetrain is there. Besides the fact they already built in, and FCAU insiders have all but confirmed it will be as probably a 2021 model.

OP
OP
mohemipar

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Yeah drive train strength is not an issue. That's what everyone said about the Jeep and now it is tearing up roads and has the full amount of power (not gonna count that -5 torque). The Ram would be a bit heavier than the Jeep and some other things would have to be taken into consideration but certainly do able.

They already did the TRX concept. That truck was detuned to around 550/500 if I remember correctly. They probably used that as a massive opportunity for a learning experience.

Thomas Peters

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah drive train strength is not an issue. That's what everyone said about the Jeep and now it is tearing up roads and has the full amount of power (not gonna count that -5 torque). The Ram would be a bit heavier than the Jeep and some other things would have to be taken into consideration but certainly do able.

They already did the TRX concept. That truck was detuned to around 550/500 if I remember correctly. They probably used that as a massive opportunity for a learning experience.
That's what I mean I don' think they could pull it off with the extra weight. I could be wrong and i hope i am, but they sure arent pushing the trx out the door yet and its been almost a year. Like i said if it was gonna happen it would have already happened

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I mean I don' think they could pull it off with the extra weight. I could be wrong and i hope i am, but they sure arent pushing the trx out the door yet and its been almost a year. Like i said if it was gonna happen it would have already happened

Why would they have launched the TRX? The TRX had designs cues of the 5th gen. If they launched the TRX it would have been for one year only, doesn't make much sense with the DT coming out in two months.

1stHEMI

Reaction score
I'm just saying... even though everyone denied a 4-door Hellcat powered RAM 1500, I told everyone about it in February 2015 at the same time I announced the full 707 horsepower Trackhawk - when others were saying it would be detuned.

http://www.streetmusclemag.com/news...ped-up-expect-707hp-grand-cherokee-and-truck/

Sometimes I do miss being the editor and getting the skinny before others. I had a great run with the Hellcat and Demon, I had so much info on the Demon prior to its release that the FCA guys were asking who my source was! But those days were long hours and very early mornings.

1stHEMI

Reaction score
Even though everyone denied a 4-door Hellcat powered RAM 1500 was possible, I told everyone about it in February 2015. That was at the same time I announced the full 707 horsepower Trackhawk - when others were saying it would be detuned.

http://www.streetmusclemag.com/news...ped-up-expect-707hp-grand-cherokee-and-truck/

Sometimes I do miss being the editor and getting the skinny before others. I had a great run with the Hellcat and Demon, I had so much info on the Demon prior to its release that the FCA guys were asking who my source was! But those days were long hours and very early mornings.

KLEEEEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I would hope it only sees a two door ie SRT10 (yeah I know it came on the 4 door model as well) but in my humble opinion it should only see the light of day on a sport style truck.

OP
OP
mohemipar

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Ram will keep building the 4th gen truck through 2019+ in single cab configuration, they have stated. No single cab 5th gen.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
I have a 2018 Charger Scat Pack....The car is most fun car I ever drove coming from a Boomer and driving cars from the 60's muscle cars that says quite a bit....If the Ram would offer 6.4 Scat Pack.....it would be awesome!

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a 2018 Charger Scat Pack....The car is most fun car I ever drove coming from a Boomer and driving cars from the 60's muscle cars that says quite a bit....If the Ram would offer 6.4 Scat Pack.....it would be awesome!

They have said repeatedly, that's not gonna happen. It's confusing but if I had to guess probably a gas mileage issue more than anything. Good news is there will definitely be a Hellcat powered Ram by 2021. Bad news is it will be priced more like a Porsche than a Ram.

This is what was posted yesterday on AllPar:

No two power levels for the HELLCAT powered TRX. What I will tell you is yes, the HELLCAT powered TRX will have more than 575 horsepower. I have already said that. The DT TRX will be more realistic looking than the concept yes. But you will know it's a TRX when you see it. Think about it. What does each HELLCAT model need? Cooling... right? So that alone will tell you that the front will look very different from the regular Rebel trucks.

6.4L HEMI will not be available in this truck, nor will the 5.7L HEMI. TRX stays true to the concept, but again in a more realistic package. The variants that TRX will have will keep the price down (that is all I will say now). But, many of you are over thinking the whole thing. Remember this is going to be one extremely expensive truck, especially when more HELLCAT models are mid-60s to over 100k for pricing. I predict the top of the line HELLCAT model will push $100k. But the HELLCAT powered TRX will make huge power over the current 3.5L ECOBOOST Raptor.

OP
OP
mohemipar

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
They have said repeatedly, that's not gonna happen. It's confusing but if I had to guess probably a gas mileage issue more than anything. Good news is there will definitely be a Hellcat powered Ram by 2021. Bad news is it will be priced more like a Porsche than a Ram.

This is what was posted yesterday on AllPar:

The AWD Hellcats are now the big dog. No one said they'd do it but the Jeep is the real deal. I'm wondering if Mopar is planning on doing an AWD Challenger/Charger in a couple years. Where else is there to go? Only other thing would be a whole new car on a new platform, but even then, what more can you do with 700HP to the rear wheels. And the cars are underrated from the factory. Maybe they will AWD it on it's next platform.