New shocks and springs ordered... more info to come

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Just a little teaser as to what will be coming to me soon. I got the rear Bilsteins to match the front adjustables I have and new coils on the way... pics and reviews will definately follow!!

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
.... :homoswitch: .... I want new parts!! lol

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
well these came in on Saturday. I emailed about the tracking number for the springs and haven't gotten a response yet. Gonna give it til Monday then I'm calling.

Attachments

• shocks.jpg
    shocks.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
well I got the tracking # last night. Coils will be here Thursday. These are the TTC coils that increase 50% but maintain stock height ( I hope ). He said I would be the first to get these and wanted pics before and after with measurements and loaded up too. Hope I can get these in soon after I get them.

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
well I got the tracking # last night. Coils will be here Thursday. These are the TTC coils that increase 50% but maintain stock height ( I hope ). He said I would be the first to get these and wanted pics before and after with measurements and loaded up too. Hope I can get these in soon after I get them.

Do you have a part number for them? I just see the same ones on their site. I was planning on getting the variable ones but have been waiting on these.

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
no I dont remember him telling me on the phone when I placed the order. It may be on the paper work when I get them. email them. I did and he told me they where available through them. He also said they may need to tweak them once I send back measurements and ride quality info. Hope to get these installed on the 24th. Going on call and have to work 9 straight days starting the 13th:banghead::banghead::banghead:

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
no I dont remember him telling me on the phone when I placed the order. It may be on the paper work when I get them. email them. I did and he told me they where available through them. He also said they may need to tweak them once I send back measurements and ride quality info. Hope to get these installed on the 24th. Going on call and have to work 9 straight days starting the 13th:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I emailed them about the new springs but have not heard anything back so I guess they are waiting a bit before they make the release official. Please post if you get a model number.

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Wondering about my choice in shocks now.... I thought about this before I ordered but got them anyway. They say for stock height +1" and these new coils are suppose to maintain stock height but they will be shorter in length to achieve that I suppose... I may put springs on first and wait for settlement then install shocks... Or sell them not sure

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Got them today. 17.25" in length. Not sure what that compares to stock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 125
OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
here are before pics. I hope to get these on on Monday. Gonna do the springs only and take measurements before I add shocks. I have 3/4 tank of fuel on no air in my air bags.
Front measures at 38" and 38.25" just for reference...

Attachments

• sp5.jpg
    sp5.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 111
  • sp6.jpg
    sp6.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 122
  • sp3.jpg
    sp3.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 111
  • sp4.jpg
    sp4.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 106
  • sp1.jpg
    sp1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 111

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
Got them today. 17.25" in length. Not sure what that compares to stock.

I'm not sure what the stock coil spring length is, but I do know my TufTruck 1223-V springs are much thicker and heavier than OEM. Can't wait to see the new springs installed. Wish they would have been around last summer before I had mine installed.

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing about the ride myself with these new springs. Camping season will be starting soon and I want to get rid of the rear sag when I tow. TufTruck still doesn't have these on their site yet.

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I got an email Weds. asking about the springs and install. They may be waiting on me....
Monday will be the day I get these in and will have pics. I have to pickup my daughter from school that day and I will go the country route to see how the ride is. On main roads it should be ok but these back roads here will be a test for sure...

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
got new springs in today. Didn't do shock install. I was limited on time. Not sure if the will settle but these measurements are right after install. looks like an increase of 1/2" in height right now. 1/2 tank of fuel ( 32 gal. tank ) no air in air bags. tried to park in same location. The ride is stiffer. I tried to hit man hole covers and joints in the rode but overall not too bad. I will be doing some back road driving in a few to get my daughter from school so I'll report how it does. Highway driving I think it would be fine. It was pretty smooth when I wasn't trying to hit anything. BUT those that want to get these springs should know its gonna be a stiffer ride. Unless you're real picky or have a very sensitive ass cheeks its not bad. Anyway I cant load it up till Sunday. Golf cart is broken and been raining so I aint going in the back yard to get the camper yet.

Attachments

• asp9.jpg
    asp9.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 121
  • asp5.jpg
    asp5.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 133
  • asp6.jpg
    asp6.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 117
  • asp2.jpg
    asp2.jpg