New shocks and springs ordered... more info to come

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure I still needed my bags either, but I had mine re-installed inside the new coils anyways. I can tell a difference in ride quality when I inflate my bags to 35 psi unloaded. The ride feels "bouncier". Unloaded, I run my bags at 5 psi and my truck rides much smoother. Since I already had the bags and wireless compressor paid for, I figured a little overkill won't hurt. My truck's rear ride height does change a little when I inflate the bags from 5 psi to 35 psi. Not sure what the overall change is...I need to measure the difference this spring.

Have you hooked up to a load with your V springs? I like the idea of the progressive, +35% capacity but I also want to cut some off the bottom to lower it 2" so I keep my stance. Would love to not depend on air bags & lines to not sag.

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
They are on the web site now, getting ready to order a set for my truck. I bought a 32' camper that weighs around 7600 pounds empty, not sure what the tongue weight will be after I have it loaded but I know I can't hook it up without the weight distribution hitch hooked up. I think the springs will help with the camper and the car trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The springs we are talking about in this thread are the model TTC-1211 which are not listed on their site yet. They do have the TTC-1223 which say stock height and 50% but they actually raise the rear end quite a bit from what I have read which is why these particular springs came about.

Moparguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
Ok, sorry about that. I thought the ones on the site where the new ones since it said that they were stock height. Thanks for letting me know so I didn't order the wrong ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
Have you hooked up to a load with your V springs? I like the idea of the progressive, +35% capacity but I also want to cut some off the bottom to lower it 2" so I keep my stance. Would love to not depend on air bags & lines to not sag.

Unfortunately, no. I had them installed last summer in preparation of purchasing a travel trailer, which we eventually backed out of prior to placing the order. I thought there was someone else here that bought these same coils, if I remember correctly.

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Still no word from TufTruck on these (TTC-1211).

Moparguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
They are supposed to have them ready next week to order. I called them and that is what they told me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So which ones actually increase ride height and how much? Looking on their site they claim all maintain stock height?????????

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
mine went up about 1/2". the TTC-1223 raise it 3-4". Not sure about the variable ones

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
mine went up about 1/2". the TTC-1223 raise it 3-4". Not sure about the variable ones

Thank you sir, contemplating these springs instead of adding a spacer. I've got the 5100's and want to put them at 2.8 and I know the back will need to go up just a little, springs with a little more load capacity would be an added bonus.

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
FINALLY got my rear shocks installed. had a buddy help. It wasnt too bad just jacked it up, took the fender well cover out and replaced. the top back nut is a ***** to get too but 30 minutes and it was done. I will have to wait til June to try this set up out ( I hope ) since I canceled this weeks trip. Its probably in my head but it does SEEM to ride a tad bit better but for 69.99 ea it was worth the upgrade. I will definetly post a pic loaded.... and I mean LOADED if we make our June trip....