New shorty headers on the market, I think.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would like to see the gains from them. I have not had a header bolt break so im worried if I tried to install a pair a stud would snap. i do have 157k on my 2010.

TBH shorty headers wont gain you too much over the stock manifolds. However, when I had my JBAs put on I noticed it seemed to rev a bit easier and it just felt like it breathed a little better. Maybe a bit better throttle response but nothing crazy. Not to mention it sounds a lot better too. Not louder, but you can hear each cylinder firing a bit more.

I had shorties put on solely to prevent broken manifold bolts. I would have gone with longtubes but in this communist state longtubes are essentially illegal.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
What did you notice as far as "seat gains" or overall difference in drivability and response? I'd like to gain anything i can down low with these 3:55 gears w/5speed and 35's.

Shorties generate more on the top end of the power band then they do down low.You want long tube headers if you want to generate torque off idle.You need longer primary tubes for torque,shorter primary tubes for high rpm hp,same basic principle behind our variable length intake manifolds.Longer intake runners for torque,shorter intake runner tubes for higher up in the power band,also applies in general to the exhaust side of the engine

OP
OP
Michigan BIGHORN

Michigan BIGHORN

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi (obviously)
What did you notice as far as "seat gains" or overall difference in drivability and response? I'd like to gain anything i can down low with these 3:55 gears w/5speed and 35's.

The biggest thing I've noticed is some very nice mid-range torque increases. I've got 116k miles on my 2011 and I've done some other upgrades but nothing crazy. I think you'd be pleased with your mid gaines. Definitely pins me back in the seat and that's impressive to me considering she tips the scale at the dump just under 6k lbs.

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sadness ensues.
I've had the truck in for snapped manifold bolts twice already (around 45k miles and 70k miles) and the passenger side has gone again (93k miles). I told myself if it happened again, I'd swap the headers out. I'd be willing to try these... if I could get them. Current price looks to be $250.0a8d1e72d9e40f5cb602d6ab52e9564a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Michigan BIGHORN

Michigan BIGHORN

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi (obviously)
Sadness ensues.
I've had the truck in for snapped manifold bolts twice already (around 45k miles and 70k miles) and the passenger side has gone again (93k miles). I told myself if it happened again, I'd swap the headers out. I'd be willing to try these... if I could get them. Current price looks to be $250.0a8d1e72d9e40f5cb602d6ab52e9564a.jpg

Someone in the lower 48 you can ship them too and have them re-shipped to you?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Sadness ensues.

Sounds alot like being in Canada,lol.There's alot of stuff that won't ship here either.

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Someone in the lower 48 you can ship them too and have them re-shipped to you?
Yeah, that's usually what I have to do. It'll be at least an additional $100 in shipping through the usual players, unless I go through the barge hassle. I'm just whining publicly haha.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
TBH shorty headers wont gain you too much over the stock manifolds. However, when I had my JBAs put on I noticed it seemed to rev a bit easier and it just felt like it breathed a little better. Maybe a bit better throttle response but nothing crazy. Not to mention it sounds a lot better too. Not louder, but you can hear each cylinder firing a bit more.

I had shorties put on solely to prevent broken manifold bolts. I would have gone with longtubes but in this communist state longtubes are essentially illegal.

Does MA check for longtubes? Here in MN, the state declares ANY emissions mod (as defined by EPA - which includes entire exhaust system) illegal. But they don't enforce or check, short of forcing a declaration of "non-tampering" when you sell. Form must accompany the sale along with seller's signature. Many pay no attention to it here.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does MA check for longtubes? Here in MN, the state declares ANY emissions mod (as defined by EPA - which includes entire exhaust system) illegal. But they don't enforce or check, short of forcing a declaration of "non-tampering" when you sell. Form must accompany the sale along with seller's signature. Many pay no attention to it here.

Yep, they check it here. Theres multiple cameras in the inspection bay to make sure the inspectors don't let something "slip by" for someone they know.

Exhaust system mods after the cats are generally overlooked but anything to the cats or before the cats has to be either factory or CARB certified. And since theres no CARB certified long tubes out there, they will fail you for having them.

MA is just such a swell place to live.

Last edited:

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, they check it here. Theres multiple cameras in the inspection bay to make sure the inspectors don't let something "slip by" for someone they know.

Exhaust system mods after the cats are generally overlooked but anything to the cats or before the cats has to be either factory or CARB certified. And since theres no CARB certified long tubes out there, they will fail you for having them.

Opposite coasts, same problems!!

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Opposite coasts, same problems!!

LOL gotta love CA and MA

Last May when I got my truck inspected the inspector came out to the waiting room to ask me for the CARB Exempt numbers for the JBA shorties and the Volant intake. I have them saved on my phone and I gave them to him. I asked him why he needed them and he said that the system flagged them as being "non factory modifications" and it is requiring an exempt number be input for each.

I need to move lol

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI

Ah, geez....I guess I should know cause MA was after us for stationary engine emissions as well, even for intermittant use applications. I was in electric power generation industry for 20+ years. MA made us cat and SCR everything, even if it ran 1 hour a year. Yeah, everybody knows about CA / CARB / AQMD's, etc., but "et tu, MA"?

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
LOL gotta love CA and MA

Last May when I got my truck inspected the inspector came out to the waiting room to ask me for the CARB Exempt numbers for the JBA shorties and the Volant intake. I have them saved on my phone and I gave them to him. I asked him why he needed them and he said that the system flagged them as being "non factory modifications" and it is requiring an exempt number be input for each.

I need to move lol

NOW I know why I got a CARB E.O. # with my SB Filter CAI kit for! I'm not anti-government, but I am anti-micromanagement-government.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ah, geez....I guess I should know cause MA was after us for stationary engine emissions as well, even for intermittant use applications. I was in electric power generation industry for 20+ years. MA made us cat and SCR everything, even if it ran 1 hour a year. Yeah, everybody knows about CA / CARB / AQMD's, etc., but "et tu, MA"?
Sounds about right[emoji23]

RamminMopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What's the part number on the remflex gaskets and arp bolts? Are they for all vvt hemis including the HDs!

Blstrick55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7