new stereo buzzing like crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
this thing is killing me with the engine noise. I have installed the rca filters, pulled my ground for my amp, sanded location to bare metal no change, does it on mute !!!!!!!!! only goes away when the volume is up. its a new boss elite 9 inch series going into a 4 channel jenson wal-mart amp. even on apple play or using my patch cord i still get buzzing noise.

aviatorblackout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Poorly shielded wire will cause interference, as well as poorly made equipment. Wires are cheaper so I would start with that- make sure the RCA to the amp are good quality.

Also the RCA running to the amp should not be next to the power to the amp. This will cause interference too. Run them down opposite sides of the truck. Where is the amp located?

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
You don't want RCA filters, you want a filter on your power lead. Sounds like you are getting some AC on your amp or head unit's power lead. You can get filters for that. Filters on your RCA leads are meant to narrow your audio signal, at least the ones I am used to. Get rid of those.

OP
OP
Ole Buck

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Poorly shielded wire will cause interference, as well as poorly made equipment. Wires are cheaper so I would start with that- make sure the RCA to the amp are good quality.

Also the RCA running to the amp should not be next to the power to the amp. This will cause interference too. Run them down opposite sides of the truck. Where is the amp located?
sorry i am late its under my drivers seat

OP
OP
Ole Buck

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No Sir. Shes still buzzing at zero volume. as soon as i turn it up a notch it goes away.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You still have a bad ground. Those filters are bandaids. Glad it worked for ya man.

OP
OP
Ole Buck

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You still have a bad ground. Those filters are bandaids. Glad it worked for ya man.
yes sir you are correct. I moved the ground wire when I put the filter in place. I ran it under the rear carpet and bolted it to the bottom of the rear seats after a good scrubbing with the wire wheel. Now my power wire comes into my amp from the front of the truck and the ground goes in the opposite direction to the rear. I reckon I have full coverage now !