NEW TIRES. Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamNooby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 4.7
So my parents finally realized I wasn't lying to them saying that I need new tires for my truck and am curious to what tires you all think would be best that wouldn't break my parents bank. lol. I live in Wisconsin and we just got over a foot of snow in the past 24 hours so they need to handle well in snow, especially considering my truck is a 2wd (not a smart choice on my part, I know). Please let me know what you think!

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
does anybody know how nitto terra grappelrs handle in the snow?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

had them in 35s. Epic **** in the snow! for real please please please trust me on that one.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
cant say from first had like the grapplers but I would assume not.

OP
OP
R

RamNooby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 4.7
Alright thank you! I need it to handle well in the snow but I would also like a somewhat aggressive look to them. I like how the nittos are noticeably wider than stock so that's also something I am looking for

Beefy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Duratracs are great. Just got Dynapro ATMs and just had a snow storm. They were great and have a somewhat aggressive look. Lots of good options out there.

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if you want to move up sizes you could try durun terrain grapplers, they are a new tire so they dont come in many sizes. maybe 33x20 and i know they come in 35x20.

they have same tread as toyo mt and same sidewall as nitto trail grappler, and their pretty inexpensive (1300 for 4)

their aweseome in snow, i was eaaaasily going through a field of snow, stopping and starting, in 2wd and they had no problem.

ice is a different story, their pretty slippy on ice, but ive never had to put it in 4wd

OP
OP
R

RamNooby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 4.7
I don't know if I would be able to fit 33in tires under my 2wd without getting a lift of some sort. What do you think?

But I will have to look into some of these, you guys are giving me some good options. Any other recommendations?

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
not sure! i know stock sizes on the 4th gen ram are 33" tires, not sure about you though im sure someone knows

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
damn really??? would nitto trails be better or not really?

No!! I have Trails and they're not good in snow!! They fill up with snow and suck big time. Good on drive pavement, not snow. I live in Manitoba, Canada and as soon as the snow flies I swap out my Trail Grapplers for Cooper AT3s. They're really good IMO and weren't crazy expensive! :)

OP
OP
R

RamNooby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 4.7
No!! I have Trails and they're not good in snow!! They fill up with snow and suck big time. Good on drive pavement, not snow. I live in Manitoba, Canada and as soon as the snow flies I swap out my Trail Grapplers for Cooper AT3s. They're really good IMO and weren't crazy expensive! :)

Thanks! :) I will definitely have to check those out. It hasn't stopped snowing for the past 24 hours and my truck just handles awful in the snow. lol

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
Thanks! :) I will definitely have to check those out. It hasn't stopped snowing for the past 24 hours and my truck just handles awful in the snow. lol

Yeah, do it for sure. Trail Grapplers are even more aggressive then Terra Grapplers and suck even more in snow my opinion lol. Check those Coopers out or the Duratracs too. I have no experience with Duratracs but lots of people recommend them!

OP
OP
R

RamNooby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 4.7
Yeah, do it for sure. Trail Grapplers are even more aggressive then Terra Grapplers and suck even more in snow my opinion lol. Check those Coopers out or the Duratracs too. I have no experience with Duratracs but lots of people recommend them!

Yeah I'm gonna check out both of those! I want them to handle well in the snow but I also want them to look rather aggressive, at least like the nitto terras. I like how those and yours are much wider than stock.