New to Forum - Some thoughts on Tires for RAM 2022 1500 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scltkw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
e-Torque Hemi 5.7
Hi All - Six plus months ago I ordered a 2022 RAM 1500 Limited, and if things go well I may be able to finally pick it up next week. I got most all of the options except the Night Edition Package, RAM Boxes, and the 22" tires / wheels (I went with the 20" tires/wheels). You all probably know it comes with 275/55/R20 tires. I would like to put some slightly wider / taller tires on it; am thinking about 285/60/R20. My question is can that be done without lifting or leveling the truck? I do realize I'll have to have someone recalibrate the speedometer. Also, I believe at freeway speeds the RPMs will be slightly lower - not sure if it will have an effect on gas mileage or not. As far as usage of the truck it will be mostly street and freeway driving with occasional light off road use.

Lastly I suppose the dealer will try to sell an extended warranty. I've always declined those for cars I have purchased in the past. Any thoughts on that would certainly be appreciated.

Glad to be part of this forum.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963