New to me 2017 Ram New system is ordered already

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

parrishbjj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just purchased my third Ram truck. 2017 SLT with the basic radio 6 speaker system. Its funny how much time you spend on researching each component to make sure its what you really want. I have done multiple systems in my lifetime. Many same brand systems... RF, Alpine, Polk Audio, Infinity... I have to say the best sound Ive had so far was the Polk Audio db series for my doors.

This time Im kinda mixing and matching everything. Here is what Ive ordered for this install

Head Unit Pioneer DMH 4600NEX
Front Polk Audio db6502 components
Rear Polk Audio db652 coaxials
Sub Kicker Comp 48CWRT122 12" shallow mount
Amp RF Punch P1000x5

Found out I needed the Idatalink parts to keep all the stuff the stock unit can do.

Im planning on putting the sub under the rear passenger side and the amp rear drivers side. I will be running rca's for the input to the amp.

One question I have though... I have always run new speaker wire from the amp to the speakers. A bit of a pain going through the molex connector, but this time im thinking of just running speedwire behind the head unit and splicing into the stock speaker wires. Do you think that will cause a noticeable sound difference from new speaker wire? I would do it if its noticeable, but would definitely save time not doing it.

Lights_out

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just purchased a 2014 with the base system too, and I'm planning out my system. From what I've read, the front door speakers and dash speakers are wired in parallel, so that's gonna cause you issues with wiring in your components.

I'm in the same boat as you. Leaning towards doing components in the fronts as well and trying to figure out how to keep from running new wires through the doors. If we knew where the "junction point" is in the wiring, we could undo the loom and split them off and place the crossovers there. Just thinking out loud...

Attachments

• truck wiring.png
    truck wiring.png
    359.4 KB · Views: 14