New-to-me RAM 1500, security system question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys,

Thanks very much for your advice on truck shopping. I ended up finding another truck on the east coast.

2021 RAM 1500, Bighorn Level 2 package, LSD, etc. 16k miles. It's great.

I live in DC and drive back and forth to Virginia. If you're not following the news, we have 20+ vehicles stolen per day. It's rough here right now.

My new-to-me RAM does not have the NAV version of UConnect, so I can't get Sirius Guardian.

I would like additional anti-theft. I have read A LOT of threads and can't figure it out.

My truck has remote start already -- most of the security systems seem to be integrated with remote start. But I don't need that.

I don't really want to put in a kill switch. I don't trust myself to do the wiring and I definitely don't trust a local shop to do it.

From reading the threads, I think I want something more like what I would be getting with Sirius Guardian -- the ability to "fence" an area to get a notice if my truck drives off, plus location help. I'd also like to have something that I can get professionally installed.

Is that lo-jack? It seems like it, but they have a janky website where the consumer page just links to a blank page.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again. Great truck. I'd really like to hang on to it!