New to the Cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tungstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just ordered my 1st Cummins 6.7/ 3500 Cab Chassis, I have not owned a diesel in about 15 years and my last was a 7.3 International F-350. Just wondering what my biggest concerns should be and looking for any advice on fresh out of the box improvements I should be considering.

Ram 3500
AISIN HD 6 speed AS69RC
4.10 Gears

Thanks in advance,,,

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Frankly I don't think you should have any immediate concern, Just keep it maintained.

If you need to do any improving right out of the box, adding a EGT gauge and EGT probe to keep an eye out on those temps while towing, and maybe adding a good fuel filtering system, would be my suggestions.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
^^^ what he said
If you don't want to install a dedicated EGT gauge, you can read all of the exhaust temps from the ECM. Use an OBDII reader like the OBDLink MX+ and an app like Torque or Fusion to read the EGTB1S1 (pre-turbo), EGTB1S2 (post-turbo) and EGTB1S3 (DPF outlet). There are a bunch of other variables that the apps are capable of reading along with reading any error codes if they pop up.

OP
OP
T

tungstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you guys,,, I will definitely try my OBD that will be coming with me from my 1500. I am really stoked about this move, just want to make sure it was the correct one.