New to the Ram-ily- I need help (6.4 Hemi - 2022 Power Wagon)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RamConvert0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Yeah I've made peace with the noises at this point. I'm likely going to just send in oil samples and then do a full mds delete/ hellcat everything update on it I hope that is loong in the future and after warranty before I need to go there.

It also gets better after driving - maybe I'll get the manifold looked at. If I step on the gas it seems to "lube" her insides up

OP
OP
R

RamConvert0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I’m having the same hemi tick since my first oil change on my new P.W. At 20000 km the dealership changed all lifters and rods, within 2 days of driving the tick was back and getting worse. So it’s going back next week, because it’s way to loud and kind of embarrassing when I get that look in parking lots. Sitting for 10mins and it ticks for a couple min.
Yeah it's not that loud thankfully. I can't hear it in the cabin but I also don't want it to get worse so I'm just going to do the oil and make sure its PUP and put a good filter on there

CMV157

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm on my second 6.4 HD. The first one had a brief startup tick at times but I figured out it just sometimes needed to prime the system with full pressure. It also had a light and brief piston slap on startup at times when it was cold. Both turned out to be non issues. My 2022 seems to idle higher at startup versus my 2018 which seems to help eliminate some of the noises that maybe resulted from repriming the system. Some will argue with my wisdom on this, but I tried about everything in my last Ram and found that the PUP 0w40 and the factory mopar filter with 5k changes got me the best overall results. Some get good results in other directions but I found for me personally I was over thinking things and the science experiments never worked out for me.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Some will argue with my wisdom on this, but I...found that the PUP 0w40...got me the best overall results. Some get good results in other directions but I found for me personally I was over thinking things and the science experiments never worked out for me.
I'm not an oil guy, but since API Certified Full Synthetic 0W-40 is the only oil my manual recommends I'm not sure what else I would try anyway.

MarionRMorriso

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Ram-ily,

I am new. I am a long time Toyota Enjoyer (and a big Believer) but I was recently swayed.

While I appreciate the stout, rugged, reliability of a Tundra like my wife's cooking and incredible housework, I found myself wanting more. The Power Wagon was staring at me - dropping a pencil in the hallway, lustfully staring at me. Like any good man, I quickly raced home and went to the internet. Immediately. I would never buy a RAM Truck. Ever. The decals, the badging, the RAM RAM RAM RAM RAM RAM RAM EVERYWHERE :)

But like most bad girls with a hot top and ***** stamp... I found out that as soon as I was inside her... I could not stop... and so...

I bought a 2022 Power Wagon today with 20k miles on it and I was scared that it was ticking :(

So I want to know if I hear "ticking" outside the cabin - but NOT inside the cabin. Is this nothing to worry about?
Here is my suggestion. Use the following:

PUP 0w40
Lubgard for oil
Miracle Mystery Oil in gas

OP
OP
R

RamConvert0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Is this +2 votes for the same stuff? Must work good :)

Thank you!!

HB hellcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also had a tick in my 6.4. Concerned it was the dreaded lifter self destruct I took it to dealer. Mechanic said lifter issues are primarily a 5.7 thing not in my engine. Turns out the egr cooler was leaking. Thankfully covered under warranty. Looks like a big job.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don’t fall for all the hype. Run the factory oil and you will be fine.

If you go down the oil weight rabbit hole you will be bombarded by everyone’s opinion of what’s perfect.