New wheels and tires for my 05 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nstuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking for some advice on new wheels and tires for my '05 1500 4x4. The truck is leveled and has what look like the Bushwacker pocket style fender flares (installed by the previous owner, he doesn't remember who made them).

The flares stick out a good 2.5" from the side of the truck, and it has the factory size 265/70R17 tires on it now, which look ridiculous. Here's a pic of how it looks now.

IMG_0020_zpsjceulttz.jpg

I'm looking at something like the combo below. I think that will get me the wider stance I'm looking for and fill out the flares a little better. My other option is to take the flares off, but I have no idea what's behind them (scratches, rust, etc) and I'd rather not take them off if I can just get bigger tires to fit, which is what I really want anyway.

0Shot%202015-07-20%20at%205.49.56%20PM_zpso5jjnmrt.png

Any thoughts, suggestions? Am I on the right track? Thanks :)

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I don't know if you plan to do any playing off road, but if so you might want to take into consideration that the face off those wheels are close to the outside and will get scuffed up. I agree with Ram'em, that's a nice looking set up. As long as you get a big enough negative offset you should be good to go. A -12 should put you right at the outside of the flare - maybe a little to the outside which is my taste.