New with a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sinister24v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Well I'm new here and I'm looking at getting a 24v 2002 2500 auto now I build Diesel engines for a living so I'm not worried so much about that I'm gonna scrap the dodge ecu and use what's considered a off road ECM and make a harness for it so I can calibrate the engine at work for lift bigger tires ect. Now my worries are the transmission and is the front end really that bad? I'm looking for all input on anything you guys can shed light on thanks !

mitchbowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 2500 5-speed, soon to be leveled on 33's
Engine
5.9 Magnum
With the trannys.. if its an auto, its probably been rebuilt by now. So make sure you can get any paperwork. Wanna make sure it shifts into all gears very well and strong, be especially weary of smoother shifts. If you're gonna be rowing your own, chances are you won't be running into many issues. The autos are just a pain though, no doubt. Front end 'death wobble' usually comes from someone lifting it or leveling it&not replacing some parts. Searching on here for death wobble will find answers you need. Best of luck, and welcome to 2nd gen!