newbie....2007 Ram 1500 - 5.7L - 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Inkedarmofthelaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im new to the dodge ram scene and i have had my ram for about a year now. It has 70K miles and is in great shape but recently is starting to bawg down and not give the power it used to. I replaced the exhaust to a dual from cat-back because when i bought it the exhaust was barely hanging on. is there some 70k maintenance that i may need to do to keep her running long. I know the U-Joints might be going out too. is that a common issue? any pointers and tips would be great.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.

You can get an owner's manual for your truck online in .pdf format. That will tell you what services would be indicated prior to and after 70K.

If you didn't get any vehicle service info on it, then I'd do everything listed for the 60K service interval and look for anything that isn't listed there in prior mileage service recommendations and do those too.

With regards to the U-Joints, why do you think they need replacing? Every Ram I've ever owned clunked a bit, even when new, at each of those joints. Inspect them for sure but remember a little noise is normal when shifting into Reverse from Park, from Park to Drive or Reverse to Drive.

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
At 70k it's time for plugs.