Newbie struggling with truck choice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes we are. We have them stacked up in neat rows waiting on you.

We do ask if you bring one up north for a few years, please do not bring it back down.
What a stick in mud! or I should say stick in the snow.
You guys don't know what you are missing.
We had summer like weather last week, then I was bored , washed the car, snow storm came.
so put the mower away again, and got out the snow blower , snow saves watering the weeds. tomorrow is going to be warm again they say, maybe ?

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What a stick in mud! or I should say stick in the snow.
You guys don't know what you are missing.
We had summer like weather last week, then I was bored , washed the car, snow storm came.
so put the mower away again, and got out the snow blower , snow saves watering the weeds. tomorrow is going to be warm again they say, maybe ?
What's your definition of warm? ha. We had over 40 day last year with plus 100F temps over 90% humidity. Repressive to say the least. Wish I lived in Canada!
We snow ski every year. Snow is fun for a week but by day 7, have had my fill. Prefer shorts and flip flops over snow boots.

Jas34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To the OP, you should be able to find a 2017 BH that is basically in perfect condition for 25k, but you'll weed through a lot of crap to find one.

For me the most important thing to find is no rust, but that's because I spent most of my life in the rust belt and had rust kill otherwise good vehicles. Now I live in the south, and I don't think people here really appreciate just how bad rust is on vehicles.

You don't have to go too far south to get a decent rust free vehicle. When I bought one of my previous vehicles (an Expedition), I started near where I lived in Central NY and worked my way south following ads at car dealers and individuals until I found the one I wanted. I made it all the way to south Jersey and got one several years old with basically no rust underneath.

If you are searching out of your area, just make sure you're willing to travel and check the trucks out yourself. There are a lot of northerners moving south, and even the dealers are selling lots of off lease vehicles down here from northern states, and the smaller used car lots and individuals also have a lot of cars that spent all their time up north. You also have to look inside for a high water mark cause flooding down here is real. :)

Forsakentalon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For that price I'd get a stripped big horn with the hemi.

I bought a used very nicely loaded big horn a couple years back. I'm seeing how much money I dumped into it over the last year.

Buying new with less bells and whistles and I would've been money ahead.

Heck I kind of wished I would've off loaded this one and gone for a new tradesman as soon as I saw my CV joints needed replaced this past November(boots cracked, leaking grease.).

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
What's your definition of warm? ha. We had over 40 day last year with plus 100F temps over 90% humidity. Repressive to say the least. Wish I lived in Canada!
We snow ski every year. Snow is fun for a week but by day 7, have had my fill. Prefer shorts and flip flops over snow boots.
the girls where out in shorts, about 18c 70F I guess, bikes where out. I hate over 85 or so.
At my age when its cold, I just stay inside, but -10 is fine, -30 is getting a bit cool. I gave up ski's 20 yrs ago.

F , I have never had to change a CV in these, thou I don't put many miles on and I don't lift trucks ,If I did anything ,I would lower it as wife has been waiting for a hip for over a year and stepping out of the truck really bothers it.

Last edited: