Newer 2500 Driving Stability?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Aelwulf

Aelwulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Update: new master brake cylinder has been swapped out and the brakes are doing better. Fingers crossed between that and the alignment that's all sorted. :)

ChesterJack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Hey all. Been a bit. I traded in my 2017 when I 'retired' due to uncertainty of where/how we'd end up. I kick myself for it now but given the situation no actual regrets.

Now that we're settled and things are alright I just picked up a 2021 2500 Laramie 6.4 I ordered. Unfortunately (to me) the 18" black wheels that used to come with either the off-road or Appearance package don't anymore so I wound up with 20" wheels. My old truck didn't generally have issues on the road, but this new one seems a bit, well, squirrelly at times on the highway. Anyone else experience this on the newer ones? I'm guessing it's the 20" wheels and hope to drop back to 18" at some point but wanted to see what experiences have been.

Thanks!
I have a 2021 2500 Cummins Night with the 20" wheels and so far am happy with them and the ride i get, although it is a little stiff. Been towing a camper all summer so the tires are filled to just above 80psi but now that the season is ending I expect to pull some air out of them and expect a real nice ride. Good luck

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks. If it keeps up after 'break-in' I might have them take a look to be sure everything tightened/put together properly.
Might sound silly but check to see if the tire pressures are way over filled from the factory. Happened with mine and others on here.