No Headrests on back seat of 2002 Dodge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArizonaHunny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I love my 2002 Quad Cab, the only thing I am now having a problem with is no headrests on my back seat. My 6 year old daughter is now in a booster seat and her head is right at the back glass level so if I get into an accident her head is going to hit the glass and possibly go through it. Has anyone switched out the backseat on theirs for this reason, or put in headrests on their own? I would love to get feedback on either option Please! I got her a booster with a high back until I figure out a solution but I would like to hear if any of you have had to deal with this problem as well, I cant find any input online about this. Thank you!

This is my first conversation so if I did this wrong, I apologize.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
look for a back seat from an 05 and up, maybe even an 04, i know the 02-03 rams didnt have headrest in the back, but my fathers 05 ram had them so i know 05 and newer had them, so getting a seat out of another ram will be your easiest and probably the cheapest way to go

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Yeah I have an 03 and I don’t have headrests back there. If you want to spends lots of money you can swap in a whole set of 4th gen seats and have a really nice interior

I Bleed Ram Trucks

SlimAVmech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was there ever any remedy tried for the lack of headrests on the 2002 Quads? I’m facing a similiar dilemna.