No holes front license plate holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
The state I reside in doesn't require a front license plate. I put the plastic holder on anyway and attached my MOPAR plate.

Maybe, like a few folks made comment on is leave it off and don't do anything that causes for attention to you and maybe you'll be ok ... other that the worst thing will be you get ticketed for not having it displayed?

JHoward

Attachments

• IMG_20220116_125611648_HDR~3.jpg
    IMG_20220116_125611648_HDR~3.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

SmileyBrooks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used the Sto n Sho on my Challenger and it worked great. Ohio doesn’t require a front plate anymore but I’d highly recommend the product.

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
I took mine off lol ... my truck is so illegal but honestly if are not driving like an idiot at least here they don't stop you for tint, no license, smoked out headlights and tailights, too low, too high ...

I wouldn't worry about it unless you already got stopped and they already have you on their radar ...
Wow! No State inspection I assume or just paint his palm

Blowenblu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You can have mine, I live in PA, don't need them and my new Truck still came with them!

JKLines

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Limited
Engine
Cummins HO
There is a front license plate bracket that is basically hidden and allows the plate to be easily removed. It's called Sto N Sho. It's basically used on show cars where front license plates are removed for show. I've got it on one of my cars. It sometimes uses existing screw holes underneath the bumper or the screw holes are in a location that does not show. https://stonsho.com.

evanepp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need to mount a front license plate holder for my 2017 Ram Sport 1500. I do not want to drill holes. Any solutions? Does anyone make a no-holes holder?

evanepp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Green_Manalishi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds good to me. Thanks.
Not the best idea. The violation here is still "operate with one plate" when it's anywhere but the front. Some will write for "improperly placed" plate.

While many complain, it's those that don't understand the mission.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here in Connecticut it is required to have a front plate on the vehicle. I have never put an actual license plate on the front... ever. I do have a vanity plate on the front. We do not have yearly inspections and I have never been pulled over for not having one on the front. Unless you're driving like an a$$ the cops wont bother you. They have better things to worry about 20210630_193705.jpg

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
3M tape. There are magnetic plate holders if you have a steel bumper, but I wouldn't trust them for more than a test drive and I'd probably forget and lose it in a car wash or something. do the oe ones require drilling?

BBNtrucks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is a front license plate bracket that is basically hidden and allows the plate to be easily removed. It's called Sto N Sho. It's basically used on show cars where front license plates are removed for show. I've got it on one of my cars. It sometimes uses existing screw holes underneath the bumper or the screw holes are in a location that does not show. https://stonsho.com.
The site does not list 5th gen Ram trucks? I only see 2017 Sport model and Durango listed under Dodge. No listing for Ram.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not the best idea. The violation here is still "operate with one plate" when it's anywhere but the front. Some will write for "improperly placed" plate.

While many complain, it's those that don't understand the mission.
Just posting for an FYI. Represent no body but my tailfeathers.

This is Texas TRC (transportation code, cannot help U on the written law Wisconsin)

Texas TRC: Section 504.943 - Operation Of Vehicle Without License Plate (misdemeanor ticket, statute shows $200.00 fine) (Some municipalities and such tack on)(Some LEO will write "Improper Display/Failure to Display", (but above in bold is the actual name), especially for the PPL that mount suction cups and etc on plate in windshield, or throw on dash, etc).

(derived from TX Admin code):

Texas Administrative Code
TITLE 43TRANSPORTATION
PART 10TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES
CHAPTER 217VEHICLE TITLES AND REGISTRATION
SUBCHAPTER BMOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION
RULE §217.27Vehicle Registration Insignia

(1) must display two license plates that are clearly visible, readable, and legible, one at the exterior front and one at the exterior rear of the vehicle that are securely fastened at the exterior front and rear of the vehicle in an upright horizontal position of not less than 12 inches from the ground, measuring from the bottom, except that a vehicle described by Transportation Code, §621.2061 may place the rear plate so that it is clearly visible, readable, and legible; or

ADDED: Since TX is a 2 plate state, and the efforts to make it a 1 plate state never succeed or make it out of committee, I have the dealer mounted plate option and it is flimsy. I personally drilled (2) small holes and mounted bolts with washers on the bottom 2 bolts, because in TX if U lose a plate, U gonna have to get another set of 2 plates.

Last edited:

Green_Manalishi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's rare to see someone that is aware of the Admin Code! Frequently I'm faced with, "The law doesn't say..." and I have to remind them of the Admin Code, and, yes it does say.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's rare to see someone that is aware of the Admin Code! Frequently I'm faced with, "The law doesn't say..." and I have to remind them of the Admin Code, and, yes it does say.
Admin code codified in other statutes.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Wow! No State inspection I assume or just paint his palm

Yeah....Up here cops rarely pull anyone over for minor infractions, tint, etc. but our nanny state has yearly inspections where they check emissions, windshields free of cracks/chips larger than a quarter or in line of visibility, tail lights, headlights, etc. It used to be easy to grease palms but now each inspection station has a state-monitored camera viewing & recording the emissions machine and its readout is connected to the state database, so the stickers get linked to the test. Not impossible to fool but difficult and not worth the fines and loss of inspection license to the station.