No solution?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
Looking for ideas. I take my dog to the local park each day so she can read her P-mail. She is not big and not very athletic. When she jumps in her claws catch the rubber seal and destroy it. I've tried tape, a piece of carpet that covers the seal, and a piece of that Chinese fake leather seat repair material. I need some way to keep her from tearing up the seal. As I said not big, but 40 lbs. so not easy to assist. A problem is anything I cover the rubber seal with will overlap and the door has to close on.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe a rubber shower/tub mat? They are typically heavy and if you lay it over the seal before she jumps in or out it’s heavy enough it won’t move and thick enough to protect. Of course you will have to put it on and take it off each time.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I had a similar issue with my newfoundland getting him in and out of the truck bed or cab, where ever he decided he wanted to be. Winter it was the bed, summer it was the cab due to air conditioning.

I found an expanding ramp with a course surface that allows for paw grip.

The angle for the cab didn't require an extension of the ramp the bed did, (4x4 height)

Ramp was made out of aluminum. Weighed about 20 lbs. Easy to put into truck bed. Stood up, did not take any real space. Worked for 6 or so years until he was not able to climb as well.

Also regardless of dog type recommended some type of seat cover.

He's been gone for a couple of years, still find dog hair.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What rubber seal are you referring to? When my dog jump in he lands on the tailgate and there is no seal.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I had a similar issue with my newfoundland getting him in and out of the truck bed or cab, where ever he decided he wanted to be. Winter it was the bed, summer it was the cab due to air conditioning.

The angle for the cab didn't require an extension of the ramp the bed did, (4x4 height)

Ramp was made out of aluminum. Weighed about 20 lbs. Easy to put into truck bed. Stood up, did not take any real space. Worked for 6 or so years until he was not able to climb as well.

Sorry for your loss,it can take along time to get over losing a hound.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

I feel you. Had to put my yellow lab down 3 years ago because cancer got him. Kind of unfair because he was really healthy otherwise. I still find hair here and there. The week I had to put him down I was pouring a ramp into my boat shed and he took off after some critter and planted one front and one back foot in my fresh cement. I left it like that. Still miss that boy.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
OP
OP
Y

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
To Tulecreeper, my dog thinks she's a human. She rides in the front in the passenger seat in her special elevated seat so she can lie down and still see out the windshield. If I have a collision she's going through the windshield. She will die happy though.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I get my cane corso pup next spring/summer and thinking on how to get everything sorted in my crew cab so my 5yo daughter and our new pup fit in there so no one is cramped and everyone is safe.

Currently my angel sits center rear in her 5point car seat, next year she'll be 6 and still in that seat for a bit longer. I don't want her on either side just in case there is ever a side impact.

I'm thinking saving for a full roll cage.... lol

Zac1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L ETorque
My hats off for animal lovers. It is hard to lose one. During my life I have lost 12 dogs and 3 horses and numerous cats and others. Never easy. I use waterproof easy clean cover for back seat, my golden duddle 100 lbs have no problem getting in without touching rubber seal and getting down she uses running boards. I think small extension ramp should do the job. Check Coziwow $49. I believe walmart.com has good selection. Search for pet ramps.

Fatboyjim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe something like this is available in the US.

I have dug much deeper, I’ve just opened my bar and I’m just sipping my first coffee of the day.

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I built this a couple of years ago and still have it in use today. Its measurements are for my 2019 quad cab and me sitting in the seat. I am 5'11" and not a small guys so you may need to adjust some of the measurements where the front seats are concerned.