No start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bill johnston

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
07 Dodge Ram 1500
Flex fuel
4x4
Driving home, check engine light came on, lean condition bank 1, replaced o2 sensor, cranks but no start, replaced fuel pump as old one just trickled gas out Schrader valve, crank no start, check Schrader valve gas squirts out, hooked up pressure Guage have 83 pounds on rail. Replaced crank and cam sensor, crank but no start, checked engine compression got about 140 average ( its a new motor with only 18,000 miles) have spark, found I have no signal to injectors. Tried starting fluid still crank but no start. There seems to be no fuse or relay for injectors. Plus I would think even if I pulled the injector wires all off it should start with starting fluid. From what I found my truck has a TIPM that seems to have problems. Any thoughts??

Recoil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
83 PSI seems high. Fuel rail PSI should be between 44 and 54 PSI.

Recoil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check your fuses/relays and make sure all of them are good.

OP
OP
B

bill johnston

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK, Update
Pulled all 8 plugs, run compression test.
1) 120 psi
3) 120 psi
5) 120 psi
7) 120 psi

2) 150 psi
4) 170 psi
6) 120 psi
8) 150 psi

120 psi divided by 170 psi is .7 percent difference, not thinking its compression
Checked all 8 coils by inserting each plug into a coil, plug coil in, crank engine, plug fires. Each coil was tested this way with a separate plug so we know all 8 plugs fire and coils are working
Checked plug gap, all are .040
Checked all 8 injectors with NOID light, working good.
Chance of all 8 fuel injectors going bad at once is like throwing a deck of cards in the air and having all cards fall face down except the 4 aces. Still cranks but wont start
Fuel pressure at the rail is 54 psi

Last edited:

Recoil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After you crank it over and it doesn't start, do you smell fuel? Or if you crank it and it doesn't start, pull the plugs and see if they are wet or not. Are the injectors spraying when you crank it over?