Noise after cam swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mopar1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Alright. Had a shop in Houston swap the cam and port the heads on my truck. When I picked it up I heard what I can describe as a vacuum leak. Ok cool. Told him get it right and call me when it’s ready.

He said he smoke tested it and did the brake clean test and found nothing. We had decided it be best to pull the heads and see if the new lifters are weird, I went with full regular lifters. He said he found one with a not super smooth roller. Ok sweet!!

No. Noise is still there and absolutely nothing has changed. So I told him ok cool. I need my truck back at this point and I’ll figure it out myself.

I swapped to a 6.4 manifold with an S&B Intake. Thought maybe my factory manifold was warped or something. Nope.

I smoke tested it myself and only smoke I could find was seeping out of the tape on the throttle body.

I have the truck scheduled to go to a friends shop and have a 3rd set of eyes and ears on this to figure out what the hell this is coming from.

List of mods are MMX NSR-NA cam, mds delete, shorty headers, 6.4 manifold, S&B intake, slightly ported heads.

I’m sorry for the huge post, but this noise is driving me insane.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357