Not going to do custom tuning will a bullydog be good for a Dodge Ram 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sarvj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not going to be doing custom tuning will a bullydog tuner be good for my Dodge Ram 1500?

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any tune will give you better performance, but if you're going to spend the $ for a tuner, why not get the Diablo i2 from Moe's and get free Hemifever tunes for life? That's a no brainer.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
When you have driven a truck with custom tuning vs a canned tune, you wouldnt even want to consider the basic tuning...but if you are just dead set on going that route, then Superchips has the best canned tunes I have seen so far.

OP
OP
S

sarvj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any tune will give you better performance, but if you're going to spend the $ for a tuner, why not get the Diablo i2 from Moe's and get free Hemifever tunes for life? That's a no brainer.

The thing is I live in Canada and conversion sucks so I'm getting a bullydog for 350$ CAD and Diablo is 750$ CAD also I want guages too and all that thanks

OP
OP
S

sarvj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When you have driven a truck with custom tuning vs a canned tune, you wouldnt even want to consider the basic tuning...but if you are just dead set on going that route, then Superchips has the best canned tunes I have seen so far.

The thing is I live in Canada so conversion rate sucks so I'm getting a bullydog for 350$ and Diablo is 725$ CAD and also I want the guages and stuff like that

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
It just comes down to performance though. Do you want performance or gauges?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Then you are better off saving longer and doing it right the first time.

In all honesty, there is no need for the gauge display. These trucks already show you most of the gauges in the dash already. Most guys that get a tuner with a monitor lose interest in the monitor after a few months, and it just sits there. If you want performance on a budget, then the Diablo i2 with custom tune is only $459, and will be night and day faster than any Bullydog or Superchips canned tune.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
...in all honesty, there is no need for the gauge display. These trucks already show you most of the gauges in the dash already. Most guys that get a tuner with a monitor lose interest in the monitor after a few months, and it just sits there. If you want performance on a budget, then the diablo i2 with custom tune is only $459, and will be night and day faster than any bullydog or superchips canned tune.

^^^agree 100%

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped

In all honesty, there is no need for the gauge display. These trucks already show you most of the gauges in the dash already. Most guys that get a tuner with a monitor lose interest in the monitor after a few months, and it just sits there. If you want performance on a budget, then the Diablo i2 with custom tune is only $459, and will be night and day faster than any Bullydog or Superchips canned tune.

I also agree. I had a bully dog gt in my old truck. Set the gauges up & thought it was pretty cool. Suction cup mount started to no longer suction anymore, so I took the pod out & it sat in a drawer for about 5 years. The tune itself was pretty good, I noticed it in the assometer.

In my opinion, I would go with the route that will allow custom tuning later on if you so choose.

OP
OP
S

sarvj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I think Imma get the intune I2 also how is the hemifever tune compared to other tunes is it worth it I've heard some good n bad reviews but idk