NOX sensor module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Guardfather

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L Diesel
I have a 2016 Ram 2500 diesel. I have been getting the code U029E and I just got the message that I have 20 miles left to drive before I'm limited to 5 MPH. I took it to the dealer and they said it is a NOX Sensor Module. The ticket says "bank 3 number 1". Is there only one Module to replace? And is an aftermarket part as good as the OEM part?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a 2016 Ram 2500 diesel. I have been getting the code U029E and I just got the message that I have 20 miles left to drive before I'm limited to 5 MPH. I took it to the dealer and they said it is a NOX Sensor Module. The ticket says "bank 3 number 1". Is there only one Module to replace? And is an aftermarket part as good as the OEM part?
You are correct that there is only one NOx module.
Each NOx Sensor has its own hardwired module. I would only use a Mopar Part for this situation.

OP
OP
T

The Guardfather

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L Diesel
Unfortunately you are incorrect. And as result of listening to you I wasted $150 & 5 hours by replacing the wrong sensor. When the code didn't clear after replacing the sensor I had it towed to the dealer rather than drive for 2 howurs to go the 10 miles to get there. Now I have to have a friend tow me back from the dealer since roadside assistance won't cover a return tow. The SECOND SENSOR is downstream from the catalytic converter. I'll have to order another sensor and wait for it to come in. And in the meantime I won't have a vehicle this time because my wife will be out of town. I guess you need to bone up on these trucks before you offer any more advice.