Odometer vs PCM mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-M-B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Maybe you responded to the wrong thread? I did not put headers on my truck. I only had it since 8/22 and the only thing I've done is had a few car washes and wiped the leather down with leather cleaner... :)

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe you responded to the wrong thread? I did not put headers on my truck. I only had it since 8/22 and the only thing I've done is had a few car washes and wiped the leather down with leather cleaner... :)

did i quote you on that ? are you the OP of the thread?

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
come on man, you put headers on. you dont think the dealer isnt going to see those. LOL and i know you're not going to take them back off

lol, look at the damn date of the original post!!! this post was just risen from the depths of hell!

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A lot of important information from the contributors here. Thanks. I'm interested in this kind of information because I'm concerned that a dealer sold be a 2016 Ram Sport with mileage rollback. Truck had what was shown as 24,500 miles on it yet the tires show like they need replacing, fairly soon. My bad, missed that one. Truck was a lease and all service and inspections were done by this dealer according to Carfax. I asked this dealer for all maintenance and inspection docs twice and still haven't received them. I'm planning on taking the truck to my honest mechanic to see if it was tampered with. Then take it from there.

if those are the original Goodyear Wrangler SRAs then I'd say that the mileage is correct... those tires SUCK!

Jeff-M-B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Yeah, I thought that those tires probably could wear quickly, however, I've been trying to get the dealer to send me all maintenance and inspection docs, and getting no response. Suspicious? I've scheduled an inspection with my trusted mechanic and maybe I'll find out if the odometer has been tampered with. It'll get ugly if it was...

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Keep us informed

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Reviving this thread for future lookers and maybe the OP if they see it...in AlfaOBD the "Engine" info log (in my case PENTASTAR_INFO.log) has 4 reported mileages in it from different module locations (known of which match each other). I'd have to run the report to see if it matches the odometer in any of those but my guess is "no".

1718582997786.png