Oh joy Recall time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stokes.greg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any one else get the ESC light recall letter? Now I get to drive an hour so they can do 5 minutes of computer work on it. Well maybe I could talk a wash job out of them.

Sent via paper airplane

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Definitely ask for free stuff if the dealer is that far away. Maybe a tire rotation and balance!!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yep got mine too
BUT
already had it taken of when i was dealer for another problem

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
PLEASE PLEASE don't let the dealer detail, wash or wax your vehicle. They usually do much more harm than they do good. Most of their "detail experts" think that steel wool is the same thing as microfiber. Stick to the tire rotation or something like that. It will save you lots of time and effort in the long run.
Jay

LovMyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB Black Edition, 2014 RCSB.
Engine
PLEASE PLEASE don't let the dealer detail, wash or wax your vehicle. They usually do much more harm than they do good. Most of their "detail experts" think that steel wool is the same thing as microfiber. Stick to the tire rotation or something like that. It will save you lots of time and effort in the long run.
Jay

Agreed! Say hello to swirl mark city, unless you just don't care. When I took delivery if my truck they said they would wash it. I told them if their are swirl marks they can take the truck back, wasn't having it. They took it to an actual local detailer that I personally know and did a great job. Haven't seen this recall yet, guess I need to check.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Jay

The dealer we bought my wife's Grand Cherokee from washes every vehicle that comes through new or used and service. When we took delivery there were scratches on both the front and back bumpers that were very noticeable seeing as it is dark green. They had to wet sand the scratches out of it they were so deep. The last time i was there for service I walked their lot, every single one of their dark vehicles had the same exact scratches. Front and back. Needless to say there is a permanent do not wash in our repair file, and a sign goes in the window as well to make sure they don't wash it.

fdnj48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got mine yesterday too

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Recall would be fine but the dealer part of it is always an adventure.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I haven't gotten this recall notice. Did you get an email, phone call, letter in the mail? What exactly is this regarding with the ESC? Is it for a certain build date range?

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Got mine too, which is fine because they still owe me a new side step bar. They will also be redoing the fender flares again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

OP
OP
stokes.greg

stokes.greg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Letter. About the light going on and off not working correctly.

Sent via paper airplane

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Ive been to the dealership twice, they replaced a loose mirror and did an update on the radio.

My previous vehicle was a 2008 BMW 550i M sport. Man i miss getting REAL service.

They dont even have water bottles at my local RAM dealer. Its an old water fountain, and some old freakin coffee.

BMW always washed my car, for whatever i took it in for and they did a good job on it too.

Not once has RAM offered to wash my truck, but from what you guys are saying, they shouldnt

Last edited:

crroberts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got mine in the mail the other day. I guess I'll just make mine into a service trip while I'm there.