Oil pump replacement ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mopar68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have a 2014 1500 5.7 Outdoorsman and the weight of the truck is maxed out cause of the ddc cap and equipment in the back due to work. My question is I see a lot of people talking about low oil pressure during the winter and start up. I just done the 10 yr. maintenance on it and was wondering if I should replace the oil pump ?
I see Mellings just came out with a new pump replacement specifically for the 5.7.

Melling High-Volume Oil Pumps 10342HV.​

Should I just replace it or possibly wait until a failure ?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I have a 2014 1500 5.7 Outdoorsman and the weight of the truck is maxed out cause of the ddc cap and equipment in the back due to work. My question is I see a lot of people talking about low oil pressure during the winter and start up. I just done the 10 yr. maintenance on it and was wondering if I should replace the oil pump ?
I see Mellings just came out with a new pump replacement specifically for the 5.7.

I don't know if you should replace it or not, but on the 3.6L Ram, you can hold the gas and brake simultaneously and then crank the engine and it will continue to crank until you release the pedals if you want to get some pre-lubrication in winter. I'm betting it works on the 5.7L too...

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think that is the right pump for your year.

This should be the one for you.