OIL PUMP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmg97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just curious how many have successfully removed their oil pump without dropping the pan ?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You wont be able to drop the oil pan unless you have a lift kit. :cool: and even then it almost dosent clear.

OP
OP
B

bmg97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You wont be able to drop the oil pan unless you have a lift kit. :cool: and even then it almost dosent clear.
I dont want to drop the pan. Just looking for who has done it without, and the nightmare stories.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't believe you can remove the oil pump on the trucks without removing the pan since there's another fastener for the pickup tube. On the cars, it can be done since they only use 1 bolt right near the pump.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can remove the oil pump without taking the pan out. However you need to take the front oil pan bolts out and loosen the back ones let it drop down enough so you can get the 1 pickup tube bolt out of the oil pump have done it many times .

OP
OP
B

bmg97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can remove the oil pump without taking the pan out. However you need to take the front oil pan bolts out and loosen the back ones let it drop down enough so you can get the 1 pickup tube bolt out of the oil pump have done it many times .
That's what I needed to know. No issue with the gasket leaking after ?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's what I needed to know. No issue with the gasket leaking after ?
Just be careful try not to damage the gasket sometimes it gets stuck to the pan when i put it back up i try to put gasket maker where I can on the surface. Also how come you are pulling the pump?

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
There is videos on YouTube. You can do it. When I did my cam and lifters on my "14 I had to remove the oil pump to do the timing. I ground down a wrench to fit in between the pan and oil pump. It was a pain in the ass to get the bolt back in. Any way it can be done.

OP
OP
B

bmg97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just be careful try not to damage the gasket sometimes it gets stuck to the pan when i put it back up i try to put gasket maker where I can on the surface. Also how come you are pulling the pump?
Doing the cam, lifters, hellcat oil pump, springs, mds delete, headers, and planning to jump off a cliff.

OP
OP
B

bmg97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is videos on YouTube. You can do it. When I did my cam and lifters on my "14 I had to remove the oil pump to do the timing. I ground down a wrench to fit in between the pan and oil pump. It was a pain in the ass to get the bolt back in. Any way it can be done.
I cant find any detailed vids. Ill keep f'in with it. Just needed to know it CAN be done. That way I know I CAN do it