On a budget, help make this 21 Laramie 1500 cool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rteff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
2021 Dodge Laramie crew cab 4x4, night edition with 285/45/R22 but no air ride. 3.92 axle.

New ram owner here, and want to spruce up this truck. Please help me with ideas but keep in mind I am on a pretty tight budget because I spent more than I should have on the truck it’s self.

probably need to drop down to 20 inch rims but need a taller wider tire, maybe a front leveling kit?

anyone done fender flares on these, and do they look OK or look silly? Not wanting to turn the truck into a birthday cake build but interested in enhancing the appearance without destroying the ride. Post pictures if you have them please, love to see what people are doing with the new trucks.

Real newbie here, never done any truck mods. Had an loved my tundra for a long time but it had a much higher and more aggressive looking stance already.

19C0DF69-57A2-4DC6-B2BD-D744D70E453E.jpeg

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Uh, a Laramie NE is already “cool”, and you already have factory flares .... The big pocket flares with fake bolts look stupid on anything but a big lift offroader .... If you have no money, then forget about wheels and tires .... A nice Bilstien 5100 level is all you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would tint the glass. Maybe add some off-road tires if you like the look. Exhaust makes it sound cool. I am sure there are lights you could change with aftermarket ones etc. Really its endless as to what you can do. This is my second time doing my ram, and I am finding it even more fun this time doing it.

OP
OP
R

Rteff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
Yeah, fender flares are out for me.

The wheels I have as as follows, looking to do a trade locally of some type since they only have a few hundred miles to get a bit taller. Appears my overall diameter of tire is about 32”. Anyone know how much taller or wider I can go without a leveling kit or modifications?

285/45/r22
Goodyear Eagle touring

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im running a 33x12.50x20 Toyo Open Country R/T one my stock 20" rims. I am a 4th gen, so it maybe different for you.

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 11.58.23 AM.png

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
How about a level and 305/45r22 nitto ridge grapplers on your stock wheels. Xl load range so you dont get a rougher ride.
If you drop down to a 20" wheel i see alot of 305/55r20s on 5th gens around here, looks great.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lots of stickers and underbody lights that dance to the music...… wait, just kidding!!! You're truck is already cool the way it is now!!!

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Truck looks great as it sits now. Tint and a muffler, and ride out! :)

sweety59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Nice truck! Congrats on the new ride. [emoji122]
I have a 13’ fourth gen, and I love it!

• Tint the windows for sure and maybe ditch the factory running boards! That’ll make it look a little taller as well. [emoji1690]

• Exhaust system to really hear that Hemi. First thing I did was take mine to the muffler shop after I left the dealer, lol. [emoji23] I’m just running a Magnaflow muffler on mine, and I couldn’t be happier with the sound. If you want something even louder, you could do a full ‘cat-back’ exhaust system, and drop the resonators in the rear. For me, a muffler alone was perfect. You’ll love the improved sound. Total wake-up call from factory. Doesn’t even sound like a Hemi in my honest opinion. [emoji107][emoji42]

• Maybe eventually drop down to 20” wheels, if you’re planning on lifting it or throwing a leveling kit on there. A leveling kit will also lift the truck a little bit. [emoji108]

• Lastly, just do some research on what you like. The mods and accessories are endless. It just boils down to personal preference. [emoji119] There are tons of photos on here and other places. YouTube is great to hear different exhaust tones and whatnot. If you want more power, cold-air intake, exhaust, long-tube headers, and a tuner from DiabloSport with a custom tune from HemiFever on here. It’s a little spendy for a tune, but it’s going to be your best bang-for-your-buck when it comes to bolt-on engine mods. Not to mention, it’s going to feel like a COMPLETELY different truck. Otherwise, just have fun with it and enjoy your new truck! [emoji869][emoji16]

Last edited:

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had my truck tinted 5% on the rear and back seat, 20% on the front sides... 250 from a local pro, and he did a super job... Really looks good on a black truck. Added mud flaps, mostly to keep the debris off the travel trailer, but I think the right pair adds to the look of the truck. Remember it's a Truck, not a Short! Don't go overboard or stupid... The Night Edition never impressed me, but your truck already Looks Fantastic! Enhance, don't Change!

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Add a tonneau cover and if you don’t already have it rear wheel well covers. I generally advise folks who say they don’t have extra money it to do anything as you may need that for any unexpected surprises.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gerard22295

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would install a Borla Pro XS muffler, it’s high quality sounds great on the Ram. Stock muffler heavy and huge. Go to a quality exhaust shop, they will weld it in professionally. Leave all the stock pipes, tips and resonators in place I think you will really enjoy about 300.00

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Uh, a Laramie NE is already “cool”, and you already have factory flares .... The big pocket flares with fake bolts look stupid on anything but a big lift offroader .... If you have no money, then forget about wheels and tires .... A nice Bilstien 5100 level is all you need

X 100.
He's right, ya know?

bamanerd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/o e-Torque
The first thing that I did was to replace all of the incandescent light bulbs throughout the cab of the truck (and the exterior bed lights) with LED bulbs. Why in the f*ck my 2015 Grand Cherokee Laredo came with all LEDs....yet my 2019 RAM Bighorn didn't....is beyond me.

Second was to add some reverse lights. I don't know if you've noticed, yet, but try this out.....Go out to your truck after the sun has gone down, and throw it in reverse. All I could see on my backup camera were red brake/tail lights. The OEM backup lights are sh*t. You couldn't even tell when they came on. So....I picked up a pair of cheap LED running lights, and installed them on the rear of the truck, hooked into my reverse lights. I'll try to find some pics. The difference is....literally.....night and day.....lol.

Third.....I want to level my Ram. I haven't done this yet, but it's next on my list. I have the ORP with the factory 1" lift, which makes the truck ridiculously unlevel. I've been planning on getting the 2.5" kit with upper control arms from ReadyLift, but I've had other projects going on that took precedence. Soon, though....soon.

I would also throw window tint in the top 3-5 mods, as others have mentioned. I haven't done it yet, but I think about it almost every time I get in the truck....especially during the summer!

Hope this helps a little! Cheers, bud!!